G.V. vs. Eldon Smith Software Technician / Acumax System And Support : $280.00

• Filed On: Aug 09, 2016
    • Posted On: Aug 20, 2016
  • Win the reward (500 pts)

Complaint(s) Involved (1) Hide

"I Just Feel Ripped Off."

Claimant's opinion: I believe that this was a scam by this hacker that I mention

View Eldon Smith / Acumax Technologies 800-680-0529's response

Claimant's opinion:

I paid $280.00 to Eldon Smith who introduced him self as senior technician at Eldon Smith company using Acumax Financial Service Inc that got paid through pay-pal system in Feb 9 2016. Now, since he did not provide me with real business address, or phone number at the beginning I have to cancel this deal. The only prove that I had was a receipt for payment. Now, that I got this phone # 800-680-0529 and this email address larryhrlton@yahoo.ca I try to use it, but no answer or is fake. I informed him by phone that I'm cancelling this transaction, and I need full refund, but he refuses. Claiming that pay pal blocked his account, and that he can not access the money, or he would ask for 2 or 3 more days, or I call you back and so on. When he called me first time he told me that leaves in Canada BC. And than he tell me that my computer was infected, because he got warning from Microsoft and he would fix it for me one time payment and it would be life time service.

What Claimant Wants

• Claimant agrees to resolve this matter under the following proposed terms of settlement.
  • Eldon Smith / Acumax Technologies 800-680-0529 is asked to agree and settle or make a good-faith counteroffer, offer a rebuttal, or request additional information.
1. Refund: Software an service Aug 24, 2016 $280.00
2. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Aug 24, 2016 $7.99

Response from Eldon Smith / Acumax Technologies 800-680-0529 Hide

• Eldon Smith / Acumax Technologies 800-680-0529 to claimant
  • Status: Rejected
    Respondent has rejected claimant's terms. This claim will remain posted until mutually acceptable terms are agreed to.
The claimant's settlement terms were rejected with the following explanation:
  • I disagree with the explanation / grounds provided

"There are many facts that this scamster has neglected to disclose: 1.) You received a $379USD refund from our Shopify store on July9, 2016 and notification was emailed to velecico@gmail.com, as the request was received within 30 days. 2.) In the case of this $280USD order, it was dated Feb.9, 2016. Paypal reviewed this chargeback and found this joker wanted 100% refund 6 mos. later. Further, he was provided with a free Hotline number but never used it. PayPal found this guy who blames everyone in the world for his misfortune was 5 months too late according to their guidelines and also in violation of the 30 refund policy posted on our web site. His own credit card refused to back his claim. 3.) This scamster thinks he can get his own way by listing his case with Better Business Bureau and with PeopleClaim.com, so after various attempts at blackmail; disparaging remarks; and slander; there is still no indication of evidence; merit; and in fact it's a "No case." Please close your case and warn this fella that "he puts himself in a litigious situation" as well."

This claim will remain posted until resolved.

Additional Communication Between Claimant and Eldon Smith / Acumax Technologies 800-680-0529 View

Help resolve this case. Earn negotiation points. See how it works.

COMMUNITY FEEDBACK ABOUT THIS CLAIM Hide

The PeopleClaim community includes volunteers who are passionate about justice – consumer advocates, legal professionals, people with knowledge of specific industries and trades, and anyone who has useful suggestions to help disputing parties resolve a case.
  • Question: Contributed by Bryan M., Consumer Tech - On: 10/28/2016
  • Here's the enormous red flag -"When he called me first time he told me that leaves in Canada BC. And than he tell me that my computer was infected, because he got warning from Microsoft and he would fix it for me one time payment and it would be life time service."

I've read the complaint and the company's response and comments in full. I'm not interested in what Paypal and the BBB said - Paypal can't do anything after a certain time passes, which is why tech... support... tries to delay any cancellations. BBB closes everything.

Here are my questions:

Is ELDON SMITH / ACUMAX TECHNOLOGIES located in Canada or India?

What was the $379 purchase for? Did the claimant first pay the $280 for lifetime service, then pay the $379 because of a "bad problem, " then get some good advice and realize the true situation, and then want the initial payment back?

Did the claimant call ELDON SMITH / ACUMAX TECHNOLOGIES for service, or did they call him and sell him on their service?

I would like to see anything the company sent to the claimant by email. Please copy it into your claim or a comment.

It beats me why anyone ever buys these maintenance contracts. They're ridiculous. You could buy a new computer for not much more.

• Comment: Contributed by Eldon S. - On: 10/26/2016
  • We presented our side of the story and presented the facts. We were told this claim was closed and would be taken down. It's time to take it down now, as this claim could be construed as causing us a loss of business. As there is no case here, and Ghentiu Velecico's Case File #1280150 at Better Business Bureau has been closed, as well as Paypal's review was decided in our favor. Please remove this case from the internet.

Larry Harlton

Acumax Financial

• Comment: Contributed by J P., 40 Years In Busines. Curious About Everything, Love Helping People Figure Things Out. - On: 08/21/2016
  • No, he didn't get a warning from Microsoft.

Google Microsoft tech support scam and you will see that you were had.

Call your credit card company and tell them it was a tech support scam - ask them to reverse the charge. They may not be able to, but $230 is a comparatively cheap lesson in not getting taken. Then call Staples or somewhere about getting your computer cleaned (or ask a tech-savvy kid to run a virus cleaner for you) and stop answering the phone if you don't recognize the number.

Reply: by Eldon S. - On: 09/08/2016

Maybe learn not to comment on hearsay evidence provided by one side only.
No tech support scam here, customer got service on his computer, then 6 months later figured he could get his money back. We refunded $379 due within our policy limit, but not the $280 ordered 6 months before. PayPal investigated and ruled in favor of the merchant in this case.

Invite a mediator to help get your claim resolved fairly.