Massachusetts Rmv Dispute

T. C. vs. Massachusetts Rmv
P.O. Box 55889, Boston, Massachusetts, 02205-5889, United States
"I was charged with dui in 2013 in CT with a cr license and lived in CT. The DMV in ct requires me to have the interlock device for 1yr. At the time I didn’t have the money or a vehicle to do that, so after I moved back to MA in 2019 I had to get a vehicle, put it in someone else’s name, and get the machine installed so that I could take my permit and driving tests over, but I had to end up having it removed and switched to a more sensitive machine that MA requires in order to take my test which of course was during Covid so it was a big process.

So July of 2022 I was given approval for removal from CT but then MA said they require 2 yrs even though it had nothing to do with them originally, so I had covid twice and both times I ended up being 1 day late for my calibration. The last one was actually due on Thanksgiving and obviously nothing was open and I had been sick and didn’t realize that it was due.

I was supposed to get removal approval on Dec 8th but because of the violation on Thanksgiving, being the second violation, the first one was in 2022, so now they suspended my license for 10 yrs and after filing an appeal with the board of appeals they say it will be a minimum of 18 mos before I get an answer from them.

In the mean time I had to pay and have the machine removed from the vehicle while I wait for an answer from them. The whole process was originally meant to prevent drinking and driving by m.a.d.d and is a good concept but the RMV and the agencies in charge of the machines (smart start) have turned it into a big money making scheme. I never tried to drink and drive with the machine and that’s not what i got suspended for …it’s ridiculous and a ridiculous amount of time to have a license suspension over a day late for calibration. Also had to have my vehicle towed to get the calibration done when I was getting the engine replaced since my mechanic didn’t have a landline phone he was not allowed to do the mechanic override smh"
Claimant invites Massachusetts RMV to make a fair offer.
1. Other – Copy claim to regulators Feb 10, 2024 $14.99
2. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Feb 10, 2024 $14.99
Cash total : TBD

There has been no response to this claim from Massachusetts RMV. This claim will remain posted until resolved