Wells Fargo Dispute

J. F. vs. Wells Fargo (Headquarters)
420 Montgomery St, San Francisco, California, 94104-1207, United States
"Applied my mortgage payments to another account that I didn't authorize. This happens for several months before I became aware of the problem. At this point the mortgage had already moved into another department of wells Fargo. Redemptions department this is when my crown Checking account became negative. And after three days on and off the phone with customers services. I learned that this department is responsible for taking $2700 dollars leaving my Checking account with a negative balance . This is where I also learned that there is some sort of credit line I have with wells Fargo that to my surprise was able to bring $500 from this line of credit to bring my checking account bact to a positive status. This other department now is becoming more aggressive and making threatening demands that includes added insurance premiums. That i have in place and for the record this account up until this time which was around may of 2015 is when all this began after learning of all the facts surrounding this significant damage to my financial affairs and future developments that this with alll its twist and turns is the direct cause of the status of my credit that at this time was a 785 credit score with a stellar reputation and history of utilizing that i work very hard many years to establish. The facts are clear in the since that demonstrate. Wells Fargo is negligent for applying my never late, always on time loan mortgage payments. All payments were made at the Crestview, FL location Ethier inside or at teller drive through window, where one of the tellers for reasons unknown applied payments to another account. This is where the next issue becomes a problem and its to do with a line of credit that im the cosigner on the line of credit. This i never agreed to and after explaining to the loan officer early after learning of this. His explanation was after a year the individual would be able to redo the loan and my name would be removed. That never happened interesting enough. First i never agreed to the loan to began with and altho i knew the individual that the loan is associated with I never agreed or did i sign my name to any loan or line of credit. I would never do this in the first place as I was very protective of my credit history or the fear of loosing my credit standing. So with this understood with the fact that I'm now being charged with insurance I already have for the mortgage loan for a manufactured mobile home that I reluctantly went through with in 2008 due to the relationship between the bank and the dealership that seemed more geared towards the dealership making a huge profit. And the service was not what was promised and ended up costing me several thousand dollars over the agreement. I was not happy at all of the small print in the predatory lending conduct that i experienced. Long story short under the pressure of losing the home my wife without my knowledge took out a loan and settled this account vor less . Only to my surprise its been negatively affecting my credit report ever since. Altho the agreement was according to what I understand after the fact was it would not negatively impact my credit report or any reports for that matter it was simple this was the only options available or left on the table other than losing the land and the mobile home it was attached to. With many unsuccessful attempts to resolve this and after learning I and my wife became victims of identity theft crimes against us and our family we have been struggling with out any hope of this horrible situation improving we are currently experiencing great financial hardships as a result."
Additional Communication Between Claimant and Wells Fargo (Headquarters) Hide
  • May 23, 2021, Claiming party added:
  • I reacently filed a complaint with the attorney general office. I receive a letter from a executive who tried to minimize wells Fargo role. The facts are clear as to how this account became negative. And that it continues to be reported on my credit report as negative. All the evidence related information demonstrating that wells Fargo is the reason it became negative. "Note" is a well Fargo employee applying several payments made by myself to a account that appears to not have been associated with my account. This is the beginning of the misunderstanding that's not been resolved.

Claimant invites Wells Fargo (Headquarters) to make a fair offer to resolve this complaint.

There has been no response to this claim from Wells Fargo (Headquarters). This claim will remain posted until resolved
  • Contributed Solution: by George Maxwell On 06-15-2021
    I don't understand this. If you make a mortgage payment in person you usually have a coupon that you hand in with the check. Is this what happened? If so, the teller should not have been able to apply the payment to a different loan. Did the bank branch have a camera? Can they retrieve the film? Also, what did your wife take out the loan for? And when did the identity theft take place? Has that been reported and dealt with?