C.M. vs. Regional Acceptance Corporation

Major questional business practices by non accredited company facing several lawsuits

C. M. vs. Regional Acceptance Corporation
1424 E Fire Tower Rd, Greenville, North Carolina, 27858-4105, United States
"I received a notice on my door today March 19th, 2019 that was dated March 15th stating that I had not made a payment since December. I went online to my account and it said my last payment was due January 29th, 2019. The letter stated that I owe 1383.84. The letter does not say what date I have to pay for it by. I called them and tried to arrange a payment plan. They said they would let me know to within 72 hours but are taking my 200.00 payment out tomorrow.  They said they have to give me a written notice 13 days in advance of repossession, but I can not find that law anywhere on Florida laws. So I feel like they may be trying to take my payment and my car. They do not seem to be accredited. I have been paying $405.00 a month since 8/30/2014 with some late payments. On a 7000.00 dollar car, I have already paid approximately 20,000.00 dollars. They are claiming I still owe 10,000 and an undisclosed large balloon payment. I and my family members are receiving several harassing collection phone calls daily which I can pursue legal action to collect 1500.00 per call.
They are refusing to work with me. The fees and charges/ interest are outrageous! They informed me that after I make all of the payments there will be a huge balloon payment at the end. I see online that there are 149 complaints of people have made all of their payments and Regional Acceptance refuses to give then their titles because they want the customer to pay anywhere from 2000.00 to 6000.00 in add on fees after all the payments are made.
 "
  • 03-19-2019 — letter posted on door about amount due with no due by date
Additional Communication Between Claimant and Regional Acceptance Corporation Hide
  • Mar 20, 2019, Claiming party added:
  • I am requesting a response via email. As of 512pm EST, 03/20.2019 I have not received a response. I will be forced to use the People Claim option of going public and contact an Attorney if the matter is not resolved by March 30th, 2019.

• Mar 23, 2019, Claiming party added:
  • As of 03/23/2019 4:21 pm EST I have not received an email communication about resolving this matter from Regional Acceptance Corporation.

• Mar 29, 2019, Claiming party added:
  • I spoke with a representative of Regional Acceptance Corporation on 03/27/2019. I was told they would send an email with options they are suggesting to settle the claim. It is now 03/29/2019 at 12:26 pm with no email response.

• Apr 18, 2019, Claiming party added:

Claimant invites Regional Acceptance Corporation to make a fair offer to resolve this complaint.

There has been no response to this claim from Regional Acceptance Corporation. This claim will remain posted until resolved
  • Contributed Solution: by George Maxwell On 04-29-2019
    Check that REGIONAL ACCEPTANCE CORPORATION is complying with the law and also that your dealership complied with the law More...