My Claim vs. LG Electronics U.S.A., Inc. Dispute

N. D. vs. Lg Electronics U.S.A., Inc.
201 James Record Rd SW, Huntsville, Alabama, 35824-1513, United States
    • Claimant Seeks: 2 non-monetary items.
    • Filed On: Nov 10, 2013
    • Posted On: Nov 21, 2013
      • Problem with a product
      • Poor Value for Money
"I bought a Nexus 4 to use while traveling overseas in Spain. I loved everything about the phone, but one night it was in my pocket and the screen just cracked. I was super confused because I hadn't dropped it or anything, but figured it was just bad luck. The worst part how ever was that the screen completely stopped functioning. All of my friends who have broken iPhones or even other LG phones have still been able to use theirs, but with mine none of the buttons would respond. I couldn't even power off my alarm which proceeded to ring every morning at 5am until the phone finally died 2 weeks later- I guess that says something for the battery! I called LG and they said that my options were to A. send it back to the US with a 6 week repair time or B. get the screen replaced at an LG dealer in Spain.

Finally, I decided to bite the bullet and pay to get the screen fixed at Electronica Informatica Guipuzcoana to the tune of 150 euros. They were incredibly nice in the store and told me that the work was guaranteed and that the screen had been directly purchased from LG and that the work was certified by LG.

After the repair I was insanely careful with my phone. I stopped keeping it in my pocket and carried it in one pocket of my purse that is well padded and didn't have anything other than my passport in it. But sure enough after one week exactly from the repair I pulled my phone out from my purse and the screen was completely shattered again. No one had bumped into me, I hadn't leaned against anything, there was nothing else that could have hit it. It just broke. I called LG to see if they would replace it, because it must have been dysfunctional, but they said no it wasn't their fault. I also called Electronica Informatica Guipuzcoana and they refused to replace the screen without me shelling out another 150 euros despite their supposed guarantee.

I've now spent close to $500 on this phone for less than 2 months of actual function. I don't want to pay 150 euros more for a phone that is likely to just break again, but I also don't want to have nothing to show for all of the money that I have paid."
Non-Cash
1. Repair: Fix the screen Nov 25, 2013 N/A
2. Replace: The phone Nov 25, 2013 N/A
Cash
1. Refund: For screen repair or cost of phone Nov 25, 2013 $300.00
2. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Nov 25, 2013 $7.99
Claimant invites Lg Electronics U.S.A., Inc. to make a fair offer to resolve this complaint.
Non-cash: 2 items

There has been no response to this claim from Lg Electronics U.S.A., Inc.. This claim will remain posted until resolved