My Claim vs. Air Methods Corp Dispute

W. L. vs. Air Methods Corp
7211 S Peoria St Ste 100, Englewood, Colorado, 80112-4197, United States
"Air Methods(Rocky Mountain Holdings) charged an exorbitant amount for an emergency helicopter ride. The flight nurses were very unprofessional and downright rude. We were told they would accept the amount insurance would pay and forgive the remaining balance but five months after they got paid from insurance they changed their mind and sent us a bill for the remaining amount which is $32,222.16 The flight was 69.8 miles but in the bill they are charging for 79 miles. They have a base charge of $25,691.80 so that added to the mileage charge came to $47,088.16. I called a helicopter company to give my wife and I a ride to the hospital so we could be there when my daughter was there and they were only going to charge $3,900 for a Bell 407 which is more expensive to run the the EC 130 Air Methods operates. In the end it took Air Methods more time to transport my daughter to the hospital than if they just put her in a ground ambulance when they decided they needed to move her. It took Air Methods over two hours to get her to the hospital. My wife ended up driving there and she arrived just after Air Methods. The flight nurses yelled at my daughter because they were having trouble getting an IV into her. They spent close to an hour poking her over and over which severely traumatized and tortured my two year old. After the fact I found out that Air Methods shouldn't have even been called because there were three other companies that were closer and ended up being in our network which would have meant a free flight for us. I believe the hospital and Air Methods are running a scam which is taking advantage of people in a very vulnerable position. The hospital is to blame as well which is Owensboro Health in KY

Update 1/20/2016

Of course Air methods(Rocky Mountain Holdings) has denied any wrong doing with the service and bill but they did offer to settle the account for 15k which shows that they charged an exorbitant amount. They offered to even drop it to around 10K if our finances showed that we couldn't afford 15k either but they wanted copies of all our bank statements, account numbers, and way too much other personal info which they have no business knowing. There is one more round of appeals we are trying with our insurance company but they need to see the offer in writing from Air Methods which they say was sent to us but we never received and are unwilling to send to us again because they say it has expired. They also informed me yesterday that the offer was only for me and not the insurance company. That they negotiated separately with them which we were told would satisfy the bill but they changed their mind.
Yesterday I received a letter from a collection agency for over 36k. I gave them a call and explained everything to them and they said they will try to get all the info from Air Methods( Rocky Mountain Holdings) and get back to me. They are charging over 4k in interest now on top of the outrageous bill.
"
Claimant invites Air Methods Corp to make a fair offer.
1. Other – Copy claim to regulators Jun 03, 2015 $14.99
2. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Jun 03, 2015 $7.99
3. Other – Physical delivery charges Jun 03, 2015 $2.99
Cash total : TBD

There has been no response to this claim from Air Methods Corp. This claim will remain posted until resolved
  • Contributed Solution: by J Petaluma On 05-11-2017
    Claimant should join a class action suit against Air Methods More...
  • Contributed Solution: by Sara T On 01-27-2016