Diane N vs. Exposetaxservicesllc

Amount Involved: $981.00
    • View response from: Expose Tax Service
    • Filed On: May 25, 2016
    • Posted On: Jun 05, 2016
"My daughter utilized expose tax services for her2015 returns. we received a tetter from the IRS that the taxes done were incomplete. The tax lady is tiffany. I had to go to a different tax place, specifically HandR block to get them amended, They said Tiffay did the taxes wrong. I had to pay another 127 dollars to H&R block who now says my daughter will owe 1000 dollars back to IRS. I called several tax places to compare the items she did wrong. I would like expose tax services investgated and my daughters payment refunded do to these professional errors. I would also like tiffany to reimburse the money my daughter spend at h&r block to do the amendment form tiffany. Its was 127 dollars."
1. Refund: 200.OO Jun 09, 2016 $327.00
2. Monetary items with amounts to be determined: filing fees for incomplete tax return Jun 09, 2016 $327.00
3. 200.00 Jun 09, 2016 $327.00
Respondent's Counteroffer Hide
The claimant's settlement terms were rejected with the following explanation:
  • I disagree with the explanation / grounds provided

"This Lady's daughter came into 1 of my location to get her taxes prepared. Her daughter filled out her paperwork and in our paperwork there are several forms and everyone is interviewed before getting her taxes prepared...NOW IT CLEARLY STATES THAT EXPOSE' TAX SERVICES WILL PREPARE MY TAXES DUE TO THE INFORMATION THAT IS GIVING BY THE TAXPAYER..HOWEVER HER DAUGHTER DID NOT BRING IN HER MARKETPLACE INSURANCE PAPERWORK IN WHICH EVERYBODY'S KNOWS THAT U HAVE TO FILE YOUR INSURANCE IT'S BEEN ALL OVER THE NEWS...AND BESIDES EVERYONE IS ASKED IN THERE INTERVIEW IF THEY HAVE THE OBAMA CARE INSURANCE OF COURSE HER DAUGHTER MARKED ON HER PAPERWORK THAT SHE DID NOT HAVE THE OBAMA CARE INSURANCE..NOW I DON'T LIVE WITH THEM NOR ANY OF MY CLIENTS...SO IM DEPENDING ON MY CLIENTS TO BRING IN ALL PAPERWORK TO DO THERE TAXES CORRECTLY...HOWEVER SHE RECEIVED A LETTER FROM THE IRS STATING THAT SHE DID NOT FILE IT AND IT NEEDS TO BE REPORTED SO THEY CAN FINISH PROCESSING HER 2015 TAX RETURN..NOW WITH THAT BEING SAID NOR HER OR HER DAUGHTER CONTACTED ME NOR MY OFFICE BY PHONE, EMAIL OR ANYTHING STATING THIS..HER MOTHER TOOK IT UPON HER SELF TO TAKE HER DAUGHTER TAXES TO H&R BLOCK SO THEY CAN DO IT..WHICH IS CRAZY INSTEAD OF HER CONTACTING US SHE TOOK IT TO THEM BUT ANYWAYS THIS CLIENT NEVER PAID ME A DIME TO PREPARE HER TAXES IN THE BEGINNING AND HER MOTHER WANTS ME TO PAY HER FOR...WHAT??? ( I THINK NOT) SHE OWES ME $275 FOR PREPARING HER TAXES. H&R BLOCK DID AN AMENDMENT ON HER TAXES SO THEREFORE IT'S HER MOTHER'S FAULT NOT EXPOSE' TAX SERVICES...HER DAUGHTER SIGNED ALL PAPERWORK STATNG WHAT SHE GAVE MY COMPANY AND THTS WHAT HER TAXES WAS PREPARED UPON. WE HAVE ALL OF HER SIGNATURES ON EVERYTHING. I ALSO TOLD THE MOM THAT I WOULD HELP HER RESOLVED THE ISSUE AFTER SHE MESSED UP HER DAUGHTER TAXES...AND SHE AGREED AND TOLD ME THAT SHE WOULD BE AT THE OFFICE AT 9AM SHARP THE NEXT MORNING...MRS. NAIMARK NOR HER DAUGHTER SHOWED UP. I WAITED TIL 12:30PM WAITING ON HER IN WHICH I HAD ANOTHER APPOINTMENT THAT I HAD TO BE AT..SHE SHOWED UP AROUND 2:00PM IN WHICH SHE NEVER CALLED JUST LIKE SHE DIDN'T CALL WHEN HER DAUGHTER RECEIVED THE LETTER FROM THE IRS STATING THAT SHE NEEDED TO ADD HER INSURANCE TO HER 2015 TAX RETURN. I WILL NOT REFUND ANY MONEY TO MRS. NAIMARK NOR HER DAUGHTER BECAUSE I WASN'T PAID UP FRONT IN THE 1ST. PLACE. INSTEAD OF HER TRYING TO FIXED THE ISSUE SHE 'S SCREAMING IN THE TELEPHONE THAT SHE WAS DEPENDING ON HER DAUGHTER MONEY....YOU DON'T ANYTHING DONE FROM SCREAMING AT ANYONE ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS YOUR FAULT TO BEGIN WITH. "

This claim will remain posted until resolved.

Do you agree with the respondent’s Response?  (If you are a party to this claim, click here.)
  • Comment: by Andrea Fripp — Online mediator
  • On: 02-21-2017
  • I've had similar and worst issues with Expose Tax, I'm now in the process of getting my taxes amended.  The tax preparer Tiffany is very hostile, if I could upload documentation I would. I currently have a claim for investigation for Expose Tax with the Internal Revenue Service. My Taxes that was prepared by this company did have any of my financial information on the return, she was aware that she fraudulently prepared my taxes, but didn't expect me to realize what she did. She prepares taxes to benefit her, I filled out all the documents required by Expose Tax she didn't my refund was direct deposit to prepaid card and not directly from the IRS as I requested and gave the company a voided check.  Expose Tax never gave me a copy of the return, I have to request a transcript from the IRS that's when I realize the fraud and they took more money from my return my using a prepaid card instead of direct deposit from the IRS. I never received the prepaid card, the company direct deposit the funds from the card to my account. I honestly believe this company is doing some illegal things, they require copies of birth certificate, social security card, and ID before doing taxes. I thought it was a new requirement, because I prepared taxes years ago but have been out the loop a while.
  • Question: by Kim Fox (230 points) — I'm A Soliciter In The Uk.
  • On: 08-17-2016
  • Have you had any luck resolving your claim?   I don't see any response to Expose's response so assume either its been resolved or you agree with Expose and the claim should be withdrawn-  Pls comment and if you don't agree with their rebuttal, please explain why.

Thanks and good luck

• Contributed Solution: by J Petaluma On 07-07-2016
    Something is missing here, and I believe it's the ACA "Shared Responsibility" payment More...
  • Contributed Solution: by Brian Grambow On 07-07-2016
  • Contributed Solution: by Teresa Shipley On 06-15-2016
    Offer a % off due to the inconvenience for preparing the original return but explain to her that next time she files she'll want to be sure all documents available for her tax preparer. Good faith business practice! Get it out of the public view!!
  • Comment: by Teresa Shipley (220 points) — Online mediator
  • On: 06-12-2016
  • Expose brings a great point. But we haven't heard a response from Tiffany. I'd like to see what their response is to Expose ' s comments before I before I recommend a solution. If this is the facts, really expose is not responsible for the error and they probably would have done the amendment for cheaper. All filing documents must be provided to the tax preparer in order for your tax return to be correct. But then if Expose assumed the insurance facts then there's more to this. We should see the supporting documentation from expose and hear the client's official side to it. This is very common but I'd like to see how we can all make it right and move on.
Currently helping with this claim