R.H. vs. Sears Store El Paso Texas

R. H. vs. Sears (Headquarters)
3333 Beverly Rd - B6-258B, Hoffman Estates, Illinois, 60179-0002, United States
"I bought a washer in 2012. I bought the warrant on my appliance. Last year when they came to serve my washer. I told the service man my washer was rusting. He told me there is nothing they can do. This year it got worth and the washer started to smell. So I call in for service again. They told my husband again there is not they can do for the rusting of the washer. It got worse. So I call the office and they me to call 1800 659 7078 spoke to Ricky supervisor. they told me I only had three years. Last year I told the service man he told me nothing can be done. My washer and dry cost me $700 each. and the ugly smell to put vinegar I did still smells. I am very unhappy.

I was trying to send picture but it is not loading the pictures."
Additional Communication Between Claimant and Sears (Headquarters) Hide
  • Apr 11, 2016, () added:
  • Re: Rodrigo Huerta #1938096-222727

Dear Ms. Virghes:

We have completed the investigation of Mr. Huerta’s complaint regarding rust and his washer.
    On February 18, 2012, when Mr. Huerta purchased his washer, he also purchased a Master Protection Agreement (MPA). Per the terms and conditions of the MPA, rust is not covered. The MPA reads as follows:
    LIMITATIONS OF COVERAGE THAT APPLIES TO ALL PLANS. THIS AGREEMENT DOES NOT COVER. Repair of any Covered Product(s) which is damaged or malfunctioning due to causes beyond our control including, but not limited to, repairs necessitated by operator or owner negligence such as the failure to maintain the product according to the owner's manual instructions, improper installation, CRT-based or Plasma television burn-in, accidental damage, abuse, misuse, vandalism, theft, mold, mildew, rust or corrosion, animal or insect infestation, damage caused by lightning and other acts of nature such as hurricanes, tornadoes, floods.
    Sears is abiding by the terms and conditions of the agreement that covers Mr. Huerta’s washer. Since the MPA covering Mr. Huerta’s washer does not cover rust, we are unable to assist and ask that this complaint be closed.
    We apologize to Mr. Huerta and appreciate the opportunity to address this matter. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns.
    Sincerely,
    Adam Churchin
    Regulatory Claims Specialist
    Sears Holdings Corporation
    Adam.Churchin@searshc.com

Claimant invites Sears (Headquarters) to make a fair offer to resolve this complaint.

There has been no response to this claim from Sears (Headquarters). This claim will remain posted until resolved