elder pest control-Dispute-#3470967

B. K. vs. Elder Pest Control
505 Hamilton Avenue, Linwood, New Jersey, 08221, United States
"I called Elder Pest Control on Wednesday night Oct.17th and left a message that I had a bed bug infestation and needed help immediately. The message on their phone said they would return my call first thing the next morning.Their hours are 8am to 4pn. No one called me back, i called again on Thursday around 11am and was told no could come until Friday between 4-6pm. I stayed home all day obviously since I needed this taken care of as soon as posssible. On Friday, no one came to my house, instead they went downsairs and left a message in their door that they were here and to call to reschedule. It is clearly markd outside on my house that 446 is upstairs and they went down instead. They have no emergency number in which to reach them. When I called again on Monday I was told their technician had called me and I was not home. This is not true no one ever called me. When I explained this to their receptionist,Shawna, she asked me if I was calling her technician a liar. I thought this was highly inappropriate and asked to have the owner call me. was told he was in a meeting and would call me when he got out, no call received. I called on Tuesday and asked to speak to Mr. Elder and was told he was out on a call and he would call me. On Wednesday morning,now a week has gone by, and Shawna called and said Mr. Elder had authorized her to speak to me I again explained I wanted to speak to Mr. Elder and was told he would not speak with me. I do not feel this is a very good way to run a business and would just have liked to speak to this man ."
Additional Communication Between Claimant and Elder Pest Control Hide
  • Nov 02, 2012, Elder Pest Control (responding party) added:
  • ELDER Pest Control, Inc. is a family-owned and operated business that has been providing pest control services to the Atlantic & Cape May County, New Jersey communities since 1997. We pride ourselves on our customer service and have an excellent reputation, which is shown in the high rate of customer referrals and contract renewals received annually. We go “above and beyond“ regularly to ensure that our customers are satisfied with the service they receive from ELDER Pest Control, Inc.

In regard to the claim filed by Ms. Karbach for the appointment that was scheduled for October 19, 2012; no services were ever contracted nor performed. The appointment in question was for a free inspection and estimate. We appreciate that the pest control situation mentioned was an urgent matter for Ms. Karbach, and we made an appointment with a timed, 2 hour window, at the next available opening convenient to both our schedule and Ms. Karbach’s. When Ms. Karbach called on Monday to inform the office staff of the missed appointment, she stated that she had contracted with another company to perform the pest control services needed.

We did apologize to Ms. Karbach at the time for any inconveniences to her as a result of the missed appointment; however, no further communication was deemed necessary as the pest remediation had already been completed at that point by the other pest control firm. We do not feel that any recompense or settlement is warranted in this matter as there was no contract in place with our company. We do apologize again for the miscommunication and wish Ms. Karbach the best with her pest control issues.

Mark P. Elder
    President & CEO
    ELDER Pest Control, Inc.

Claimant invites Elder Pest Control to make a fair offer to resolve this complaint.
Respondent's Counteroffer Hide
The claimant's settlement terms were rejected with the following explanation:
  • ""

This claim will remain posted until resolved.

Do you agree with the respondent’s Response?  (If you are a party to this claim, click here.)