direct tv run around

• Claimant Seeks: 3 non-monetary items.
    • Amount Involved: N/A
    • Filed On: Sep 18, 2011
    • Posted On: Oct 03, 2011
      • Contract / Agreement / Promise dispute
      • Customer service runarounds
"I was told when I called to check out their services that I would have everything that I had with Dish Network via the stations and 4 dvr televisons. I was told that would not be a problem and was included with the price she quoted me. Well we have noticed that we did not get that service. Only 1 tv records. And when I called I was told by 1 person it would be $99 to buy the boxes. Then when I said I wanted to talk to someone in their Arbitration department she said no problem she will get the boxes at no cost please hold the line while she transfers me to the an appointment set up. I was disconnected. I called back told the gentleman what was going on and he said each box was $198 a box and said they did not have an arbitration department. According to his manager I have to pay the $480 early termanation fee or be happy. Why should I have to pay for early termantion fee for a contract was not fullfilled by Direct TV. I have been getting the run around and double talk from the start with this company and would just like to have the programming I was told I would get without all these extra cost cause they did not do it right from the start"
  • 09-18-2011 — new install for services
1. Complete project: equipment that I was promised to have Oct 03, 2011 N/A
2. Apology: I want a written apology for your representatives run around Oct 03, 2011 N/A
3. if they can't fullfill the contract as I was promised I should be able to cancell out of contract with no pentilites Oct 03, 2011 N/A
Claimant invites direct tv to make a fair offer to resolve this complaint.
Non-cash: 3 items

There has been no response to this claim from direct tv. This claim will remain posted until resolved
  • Contributed Solution: by Teresa Shipley On 06-15-2016
    Take care of the client's needs as originally promised and quoted. You don't want bad reviews. Resolve the issue professionally and appropriately quickly! Review billing and compromise.
  • Comment: by Teresa Shipley (220 points) — Online mediator
  • On: 06-13-2016
  • Direct TV should adhere to what was originally quoted and make sure this client that switched his service from another service provider is taken care of. He was originally quoted the same 4 units service at the agreed upon cost. Maybe it was an error reported in house for set up and billing. I'd like to see direct TV comment on their behalf and help resolve this claim appropriately.