Affordable Plumbing-Dispute-#4107204

M. V. vs. Affordable Plumbing
628 Francis Circle, Mount Juliet, Tennessee, 37122, United States
    • Filed On: May 08, 2012
    • Posted On: May 19, 2012
"On April 9, 2012 I called Affordable Plumbing for a quote on a hot water heater replacement. They contacted me back and said that they could install a new hot water heater for "about $500 but I had to have installed that same day". I said great and left my place of employment to meet them at my house. To my surprise it was only one young person to install the new water heater. He was very polite and I assumed he was a good certified plumber. The whole installation took about 2 1/2 hours. And after a soaked carpet and a bent drip pan (which was perfect before he started) he finished the job between 5:30 and 6:45 pm. By 7:30 pm that evening, water was comming out rusty from the faucets and when I chacked the HWH water was spraying from the water heater and had soaked the walls and carpet. I called Affordable Plumbing back and he returned by 8;30 pm that evening. He welded and hammered some more and by 9:30 was finished. Everything seemed fine until Saturday May 6,2012. To my discovery there is 1/2 inch of water in the drip pan and rust on the top valve of the hot water heater. I called Affordable Plumbing immediately and was told that someone would be calling me back on Monday. On late Monday morning I called them back since I had not heard from them. I was told that there was to much pressure in the water pipes and that he would have to install some type of pressure monitor gage or something and that would be an extra cost plus his labor cost. This without ever being back at my house or ever checking the water pressure in my house. I told him that didn't sound right considering it had not even been 30 days since he installed it. He said if it was something wrong with the unit or the pipes, he is not responsible for it. I called the Harpeth Valley Utility Distric and spoke to them about the water pressure. They told me, they were not aware of any pressure issues with my house and reccomended I purchase a pressure gage from Home Depot and I could check for myself. I spoke then with "Tony" in the Plumbing department at HD. He told me to check a few things but he felt that ultimetaly, the plumber who installed it should be responsible for the work.

I spoke again this morning with Affordable Plumbing and they told me, they would come and remove the hot water heater and reimburse me the cost of the water heater but not for the labor hours he had put in. I told him I should be reimbursed the total amount I paid him because the labor was terrible. He billed me for $525 and I had given him a $25 tip for his troubles. He told me if I wanted the full reimbursment to file a claim with the Better Business Bureau!

I am ataching fotos of the unit as it is now.

I appreciate your help with hthis matter and hope I can have it resolved quickly for I need to do something about the hot water heater.

Sincerely,
mirna Vargas"
1. Refund: Complete reimbursment of $550. I will have to hire another company to install a new Hot Water Heater. May 21, 2012 $550.00
2. Other – Copy claim to regulators May 21, 2012 $14.95
3. Other – Pay for claim posting cost May 21, 2012 $7.95

There has been no response to this claim from Affordable Plumbing. This claim will remain posted until resolved