Zippy Lube Car Wash and Detail Dispute

• View response from: Zippy Lube Car Wash And Detail
    • Filed On: Sep 08, 2014
    • Posted On: Sep 19, 2014
      • Failure to honor promises
"I carried my $60,000 Harley Davidson Special Edition truck to Zippy for a car wash and interior clean. When I drove off, I did not inspect to see if all of my floor mats were intact. I did notice several hours later and the original Harley special floor mats were missing, and replaced with Wal Mart specials. I went back to Zippy and informed them and was promised management or a owner would call me back to discuss. They never called and I called for 4 days and finally was told today by the clerk that they were not going to do anything about the misplacement or theft of my floor mats.

Their customer service is terrible and Zippy is a very dishonest establishment. I will never use them again or provide references for them as I have done in past years.

Even if you inspect your vehicle before you leave the establishment to see if they have stolen anything from your vehicle during the wash process, they simply just will not help you and just give you lip service. You will just be out of luck as they won't make it right.

It is the most unbelievable customer service for a business I have ever seen. They must not need to retain or need good customers. Must be a cash cow making more money than they need, and not care about their customers at all.

Dan Hall
09/08/14"
Additional Communication Between Claimant and Zippy Lube Car Wash And Detail Hide
  • Sep 15, 2014, Claiming party added:
  • The Zippy response (Terms of Settlement response) is unacceptable. Original manufactured floor mats are part of a vehicle that were misplaced or stolen. They are part of the vehicle and not a personal item. It should be noted, that I returned to the car wash within a hour on the day of the wash informing Zippy that the rear floor mats were were missing and replaced with cheaper type floor mats. The front floor mats were in tact. Zippy are the only people and times that my floor mats are ever removed from the vehicle since purchased for cleaning. It is immaterial whether i noticed the rear floor mats being changed out a hour after the car wash or the week before when Zippy washed the vehicle as a regular customer. The fact is Zippy misplaced or stole the rear floor mats, and are responsible in my opinion for good business, not to mention customer service. As I appreciate the sign posted that states Zippy not responsible for any valuables left in the vehicle, it is poor ethical and business practice of a business to take original vehicle manufactured parts from the vehicle during the wash process, and not replace them when finished. I have also yet to receive a returned call from management of the business to discuss the matter.

Dan Hall
    09/15/14

1. Recovery of Losses: missing floor mats Sep 23, 2014 $100.00
2. Other – Copy claim to regulators Sep 23, 2014 $14.99
3. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Sep 23, 2014 $7.99
4. Other – Physical delivery charges Sep 23, 2014 $11.98
Respondent's Counteroffer Hide
The claimant's settlement terms were rejected with the following explanation:
  • I disagree with the explanation / grounds provided

"Mr. Hall,
    Our shop has a sign that clearly states that we are not responsible for any valuables left in the vehicle. Also, it was several days later that you noticed the mats were gone, per our conversation. I have no way to know if the mats were even there when they arrived at my car wash. "

This claim will remain posted until resolved.

Do you agree with the respondent’s Response?  (If you are a party to this claim, click here.)