C.C. vs. HomeAdvisor, Inc. - ANGI Homeservices

Home Advisor Inc. lied to get my participation.

Avalon Couture & Textile, Ltd. vs. Homeadvisor, Inc. - Angi Homeservices
14023 Denver West Pkwy Ste 200, Lakewood, Colorado, 80401-3259, United States
Amount Involved: Other terms
    • Claimant Seeks: 1 non-monetary items.
    • Amount Involved: N/A
    • Filed On: Oct 30, 2017
    • Posted On: Nov 10, 2017
      • Commercial / Other dispute
"Client #42119187

In late March of 2017, I responded to an ad/offer to join Home Advisor as a service provider.
My line of work is both artisan-based and a true niche; I perform repair and restoration of high end leather goods in fashion, furniture, installations and other interior furnishings, including rugs. Most of my referals come by word-of-mouth from interior designers/architects.
I received a phone call from one of their sales associates. I explained my concern that Home Advisor (HA) would not likely be able to funnel qualified individuals looking for my niche services successfully.  She went onto tell me how HA wants to move into higher-end services such as mine and while there wasn't currently a specific leather services category, they would add one so I wouldn't be placed under the ubiquitus "furniture repair/upholstery" category. After some further discussion, I agreed to try it based on what she had told me. It was requested that I not be listed "live" on HA until May 2017, as I wanted to see the leather category added beforehand so as not to waste time/money. I then preceded to fill out my company's info, references, insurance info and more for background checks.
Within a week after submitting all info and paying a "special" promotion of $ 312.82 for one year on 3/24/2017, I wasn't seeing the category added that had been promised. I then called their Customer Service and was told that while there have been requests for this category, it was not enough to focus on at this time, I must have misunderstood the salesperson, eventually it would be added when decided by senior management, and I should do ok with the 'furniture repair/uphosltery" category.
At this time I requested a refund; I was told HA doesn't give refunds. I stated I wanted to hear from someone in management as I was "BS'ed" into signing on. Note I wasn't "live" on HA until May 1st, so I had no possibility of receiving customer inquiries at this time.
Shortly after I was contacted by someone (Rhett?) in Sales Retention. After I explained what transpired, I told him to listen to the recorded sales calls (all HA conversations are recorded) and he'll see exactly what took place. Within a day or so he got back to me, admitting the sales women had been "a bit enthusiastic" and was well intended. He convinced me to try it for a month and that he'd get a direct communication up to HQ to expedite getting this category placed on their directory.
I received my first automated alert on/about May 7th, the first of many wrong inquiries for wood furniture repair, reupholstery of fabric pieces and more completely unrelated to my work. After approximately 10 days it was so disruptive with all the email, text and phone alerts for 100% wrong inquiries that I called HA customer service again and told them to remove me from the directory. They said I could temporarily suspend my availability for two weeks, and then would have to renew that suspension. They refused o take me off their online directory and I kept getting phone calls from individuals referred to me for the above furniture repair projects.
A month or so later I got a call from a Kathleen in Customer Retention. She was very pleasant and seemed to understand that HA was not a good fit for me at this time. She asked if I would just stay on the directory. I told her that wasn't possible as I was engaged in chargeback proceeding with my bank, Capital One, which shortly later sided with my case and reversed the charges. She understood and we ended the conversation pleasantly. A month or so later I received several emails for feedback on my experience with her, which I didn't answer. It appeared one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.  I also got several additional inquiries from individuals over the summer; again for services I don't perform, one told me I was listed on the directory...they hadn't removed me.
About 6-8 weeks ago I received the first contact from CMI credit mediators in Upper Darby PA, phone #610-352-3131. The woman I spoke with was very pleasant. I explained I intended to file online arbitration in the next few weeks.
About 3 weeks later I had a second call from someone at CMI who was also civil. I responded the same way. This is a very busy time of year for me and I hadn't had a chance to file. Last week I got my third call from CMI with an abusive, obnoxious rep who wouldn't stop hurling questions at me so I could get a word in ..."So when are you gonna pay? So when are you gonna pay"? I told him off and hung up.
So this is where we are now. I have NEVER received a qualified customer from Home advisor. I feel they deliberately dragged out taking action (keeping me on the directory) in an attempt to show I was participating happily on HA and thus entitled to payment. CMI claims with additional fees I now owe $443.76.
In closing, I feel they were fraudulent and rather than admit their mistake and let me go, theythought they could use the lack of online regulation to their advantage.
My case number with them is below:

Your Account with: HOMEADVISORClient Reference #: 42119187CMI File #: 001545597-01-009686

"
3. Other – Physical delivery charges Nov 14, 2017 $4.99
Non-cash: 1 items
  • -1
Awaiting response from Party
dislikes
():
"Full refund to the customer. Fire the employee that lied to gain the customers' business because his business was fraudulently secured by means of omission and lack of true facts."
 (3 years ago)

There has been no response to this claim from HomeAdvisor, Inc. - ANGI Homeservices. This claim will remain posted until resolved
  • Contributed Solution: by George Maxwell On 03-21-2018
    HomeAdvisor / Angie’s List should cancel their collection attempts and refund appropriately. Claimant may want to join lawsuit against HomeAdvisor.
  • Contributed Solution: by Susan James On 11-24-2017
    Good luck, as a customer I did not find Homeadvisor an ethical company More...
  • Contributed Solution: by Steven Albright On 11-14-2017
    Homeadvisor should remove the account from collections, stop sending bogus "leads," and apologize to the contractor. More...