My Claim vs. Are Rescue Rooter

G. D. vs. Ars/Rescue Rooter Indianapolis
License # HH1200007,CO50600004, 25 Woodrow Ave, Indianapolis, Indiana, 46241-1302 , United States
Amount Involved: $275.00
    • View response from: Ars/Rescue Rooter Indianapolis
    • Filed On: Jan 22, 2016
    • Posted On: Feb 02, 2016
      • Overcharge or billing error
"I cold not get the pilot light to stay lit on a water heater in a rental house at 7818 E 48th st Indianapolis In. I called ARS on Dec 5, 2015 to repair the water heater that they installed on June 12, 2013.
I was informed that the the part that was needed was under warranty, but the service call and labor to install the part was not. They replaced the "high limit switch" on the water heater and charged me $275.00 for the diagnostic fee and the installation.

On January 16, 2015 the pilot light went out again. This time they said that the problem was the gas valve, and the cost would be $460.00 .

At the time I complained to the repair man that I shouldn't have to pay that much money, since I just spent $275.00 a little over a month ago for the same problem. He said that his supervisor would be in touch with me and I could complain to him. The supervisor (Jason Lee) never called.

I feel like I should get a refund for $275.00 for the mis-diagnosis back in December.

George Douglass
7824 Shrike Ct
Indianapolis In 46256
317-842-7688"
Additional Communication Between Claimant and Ars/Rescue Rooter Indianapolis Hide
  • Jan 25, 2016, ARS/Rescue Rooter Indianapolis (responding party) added:
  • Dear PeopleClaim, thank you for contacting us. ARS of Illinois strives to provide each customer with an exceptional service experience and we would like to discuss Mr. Douglas’ specific situation further. Mr. Douglas may call the service center at 630-438-6900. If he prefers, he may call Corporate Customer Relations at 866-803-0879 for immediate attention. We regret that we are unable to disclose the specific details about any of our customers through third party websites.

• Jan 29, 2016, Claiming party added:
  • I was told by the repairman that Jason Lee would be in touch with me. I am still waiting on his call.

1. Refund: Repair bill Feb 06, 2016 $275.00
2. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Feb 06, 2016 $7.99
Respondent's Counteroffer Hide
The claimant's settlement terms were rejected with the following explanation:
  • I need more information

"Dear PeopleClaim, thank you for contacting us. ARS of Illinois strives to provide each customer with an exceptional service experience and we would like to discuss Mr. Douglas’ specific situation further. Mr. Douglas may call the service center at 630-438-6900. If he prefers, he may call Corporate Customer Relations at 866-803-0879 for immediate attention. We regret that we are unable to disclose the specific details about any of our customers through third party websites."

This claim will remain posted until resolved.

Do you agree with the respondent’s Response?  (If you are a party to this claim, click here.)