Greendot Prepaid Credit Card Dispute

3465 E Foothill Blvd Ste 100, Pasadena, California, 91107-6072, United States
    • Filed On: Jun 03, 2014
    • Posted On: Jun 14, 2014
      • Customer service runarounds
"Greendot is holding a substantial amount of my money due to an identity theft issue. The company insists that I opened another card that I DID NOT open. According to the customer service people I have spoken with there has been fraudulent activity from this other card opened with my name and personal information.
I opened a prepaid account with Greendot in August 2013. That is the only card that I requested or have used. In speaking with customer service personnel, I have asked what information they need for me to verify that I only have one card. They are not able to give me a straight answer. I keep getting treated as if I am a criminal. I only have information on the prepaid card that I opened. Since March 28, 2014, I have called Greendot trying to retrieve the money that belongs to me. I have been told that I can't have the money because of the "other" card; both accounts have been closed.
If the company would look at the history on the card account that I opened, it would be clear that I use the account to pay my bills. I only found out the account had an issue when one of my bills came back declined. I filed a claim with the FTC, filed a police report and even made Greendot aware that 4 other prepaid cards arrived in my mailbox unsolicited since this issue started."
1. Refund: The credit amount on my account Jun 18, 2014 $450.97
2. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Jun 18, 2014 $7.99
3. Other – Physical delivery charges Jun 18, 2014 $2.99

There has been no response to this claim from Green Dot Bank - Money Pak and GO Card. This claim will remain posted until resolved