Florissant Subway-Dispute-#2057314

D. D. vs. Florissant Subway
Florissant, Colorado, United States
Amount Involved: Other terms
"Why would I give free food to a lady whose name I don't even know, and find myself losing my job and being abused at work because of the dishonesty of someone else? This is definitely not fair and has emotionally scarred me from trusting employers and wanting to get a job. Who wants to go to work every day knowing that your boss is going to treat you like dirt and let you take the rap for her? She never even apologized to my face for the first incident and neither did the owner of the franchise. Is America so corrupt that we forget we are humans with self worth before we are anything else to anyone else? Not only that, but my mother was yelled at in the face by my manager and insulted by the owner insinuating that her son needed to learn lessons on honesty. A truly messed up situation when I was just trying to serve people food so I could save up and buy a car."
Claimant invites Florissant Subway to make a fair offer to resolve this complaint.
Respondent's Counteroffer Hide
The claimant's settlement terms were rejected with the following explanation:
  • I disagree with the explanation / grounds provided

"THE FACTS CONCERNING JONATHAN DANIEL-
    I, Les Clark owner of Subway did watch him give a lady a sandwich and cookies without charging her for them. When asked why, Jonathan said he planned to take his share of tips and pay for them later. The decision to fire him was made by my partner and myself and was based on information given to me by Jonathan. What he told his parents concerning why he was fired is not what he told me. The next day his father called me and told me Jonathan's other story that he had been told to give the lady free food. I told Mr. Daniel that I would override the discharge and left a message that Jonathan could return to work.
    Jonathan returned to work and was treated with respect. There was no hostility or false information about these events. He was not caused to lose any work time. Jonathan has been treated fairly. His work schedule has not changed. His responsibikities remain the same as described when he was hired."

This claim will remain posted until resolved.

Do you agree with the respondent’s Response?  (If you are a party to this claim, click here.)