Cody Sigley vs. Childs Feed & Supply

Sold me a Defective item a Stihl FS 38 gas trimmer.

C. S. vs. Childs Feed & Supply
101 N Sigler Street, Kingwood, West Virginia, 26537, United States
    • Filed On: Jun 01, 2021
    • Posted On: Jun 17, 2021
      • Commercial / Other dispute
      • Selling me a Defective item a Stihl FS 38 gas trimmer.
"They sold me a Defective item a Stihl FS 38 gas trimmer for amount of $229.99, and Randy Childs came to our house, and messed around with this item, and charged me $50.00 for messing around with this item, and it still continues not to work properly, and refuses to refund me back for this item even though it falls under the item warranty."
Exhibits View
Additional Communication Between Claimant and Childs Feed & Supply Hide
  • Jun 01, 2021, Claiming party added:
  • Upload a picture of the defective item.

• Jun 01, 2021, Claiming party added:
  • Uploading another picture of the defective item a Stihl FS 38 gas trimmer.

• Jun 01, 2021, Claiming party added:
  • Another uploaded picture of the defective item a Stihl FS 38 gas trimmer.

• Jun 01, 2021, Claiming party added:
  • Another uploaded picture of the defective item a Stihl FS 38 gas trimmer.

• Jun 08, 2021, Claiming party added:
  • Childs Feed & Supply in Kingwood WV sold me a Defective Stihl FS 38 gas trimmer, and Randy Childs refused to provide me with a full refund back for this defective gas trimmer,or fail to fix this Stihl FS 38 gas trimmer in working conditions, and Randy Childs is a liar, and a thief on selling these defective Stihl FS 38 gas trimmer, and Randy Childs also refused to fix,or replace,or refund me back for this Stihl FS 38 gas trimmer even though it's falls under a warranty that is on this Stihl FS 38 gas trimmer.

• Jun 08, 2021, Claiming party added:
  • This is to communicate with Randy Childs, or Dave Childs so that we can discuss a resolution about this defective Stihl FS 38 gas trimmer, or a full refund-ment for this defective Stihl FS 38 gas trimmer, and you Mr. Dave Childs,or Randy Childs can contact me, or my sister Paula Sigley at our Mobil Phone at
    1-681-270-0559 to discuss any type of resolve-ment on this Defective Stihl FS 38 gas trimmer.

• Jun 10, 2021, Claiming party added:
  • My sister was advised by Bryan Equipment, and Sales to get in contact with Dave Childs, and Randy Childs to get a resolution resoled but my sister has spoken to Dave Childs about this defective Stihl FS 38 gas trimmer about a resolution but Dave Childs needs some Communication Skills with customer due Dave Childs Lack's in Communication Skills with people, and customer because the resolution was not helpful in resolving this matter about this incident concerning the Defective Stihl FS 38 gas trimmer.

• Jun 11, 2021, Childs Feed & Supply (responding party) added:
  • The customer purchased an FS 38 from our store in April. One of our employees delivered the trimmer in working condition. The property was extremely difficult to get to as they had a cable up that blocked their driveway forcing our employee to park on a major US highway that cars were flying past, putting our employee in danger. The customer had it for several weeks before informing us that it was not running properly. We informed them to bring it in and our mechanic would look at it which would be covered under warranty. The customer asked us to come get the trimmer and knew it would be a charge since we do not typically deliver STIHL equipment and delivery is not covered under warranty. One of our employees was sent out to investigate the issue and see if they would be able to fix the machine. It was apparent that somebody had tampered with the unit and removed a muffler screen and adjusted the carburetor causing the unit to malfunction. Our employee fixed the unit and returned to the store. The customer then called multiple times a day wanting a refund and we informed them that if they were able to bring the unit in, we would give them a refund for the trimmer. The customer refused to bring it in and was insisting that we pick it up. When we informed them that it is their responsibility to bring it to the store for a refund the customer’s sister threatened us at which point the conversation ended.

• Jun 11, 2021, Claiming party added:
  • Our driveway was not blocked off, and the employee how delivered this defective Stihl FS 38 gas trimmer was extremely Rude, and dropped the item into our driveway, and the employee not a very good driver because she almost backed into my sister car, and Randy Childs came to our house, never fixed this item properly because Randy Childs has bad mechanic skills because Randy Childs definitely did not resolved the issues with this defective Stihl FS 38 gas trimmer, and Dave Childs was the one that was caused the argument with my sister because Dave Childs Lack's in Communication Skills really bad because Dave Childs was doing the threatening, and arguing with my sister because my sister Mobil Phone records phone conversation on both sides of the phone conversation, and it's was all Dave Childs faults on the arguing, and threatening phone conversation with my sister, and my sister has taken this recording to her attorney about Dave Childs actions that day of this threatening, and arguing phone conversation with my sister, and Dave Childs.

• Jun 11, 2021, Claiming party added:
  • This message is to notify Childs Feed & Supply that only Randy Childs, or Dave Childs is the only ones that are allowed to pickup this Defective Stihl FS 38 gas trimmer at our house around Monday 14,2021, and please give me a phone call at our Mobil Phone 1-681-270-0559 when you are ready to come, and pickup this Defective Stihl FS 38 gas trimmer from my residence around Monday 14,2021, and you can speak with me, or my sister Paula Sigley.

• Jun 14, 2021, Claiming party added:
  • This claim will be settle when the resolution is full filled by the Childs Feed & Supply .

• Jun 14, 2021, Claiming party added:
  • Randy Childs came to my residence today, and got disruptive towards me, and my sister, and my sister has provided Randy Childs with a legalized document telling Randy Childs that they are not to be back into our private property Due To the Disruptive actions that Randy Childs have done to me, and my sister at our resident today June 14,2021.

• Jun 14, 2021, Claiming party added:
  • Trespassing Notice that my sister hand delivered to Randy Childs when he was doing Disruptive actions toward me, and my sister on our Private Property.

• Jun 15, 2021, Claiming party added:
  • First half of the Trespassing Notice that was hand delivered to Randy Childs on June 14,21.

• Jun 15, 2021, Claiming party added:
  • Second half of the Trespassing Notice that was hand delivered to Randy Childs on June 14, 21.

• Jun 15, 2021, Claiming party added:
  • This Claim will remain open until Randy Childs give me a resolution about this incident that occured at my residence on June 14, 21 by his Mental health issues, and Disruptive actions, and unruly manners that Randy Childs has done to me, and my sister at our house on June 14, 21, and apparently this Claim will remain open until Randy Childs give me, and my sister a resolution about the incident concerning Randy Childs mental health problem, and his actions that he has caused to me, and my sister at our house on June 14, 21.

Message from Claimant: The Childs Feed & Supply has lied to me about the resolution that they have made to me because the Childs Feed & Supply never came to my residence to pickup the Defective Stihl FS 38 gas trimmer,or give me back my full refund back for this Defective Stihl FS 38 gas trimmer like the promise resolution that the Childs Feed & Supply has given to me, and not honor the resolution that Childs Feed & Supply has given to me.
1. Refund of the Invoice #375957 Jun 26, 2021 $223.60
Respondent's Counteroffer Hide
Message from Childs Feed & Supply: Childs Feed & Supply will come and pick up the trimmer for a refund of the purchase price on the invoice on the delivery date of $223.60
1. Refund of the Invoice #375957 Jun 26, 2021 $223.60
  • -1
Do you agree with the respondent’s Response?  (If you are a party to this claim, click here.)
Offer History
Jun 11, 2021
Jun 08, 2021
Jun 01, 2021
Jun 01, 2021
  • Contributed Solution: by George Maxwell On 06-29-2021
    Claimant should contact Stihl for warranty repairs More...