My Claim vs. Brylane Home

T. L. vs. Brylane Inc
1 New York Plz Fl 13, New York, New York, 10004-1928 , United States
Amount Involved: Other terms
"I called their phone # to order from a catalog I got 2 days earlier. The catalog price stated $19.99
per Camping Chair with Canopy. The 1st sales rep told me that it was only available anymore in the color taupe. I told him that's fine, I take two of those for the price of $19.99 each. He said that's not the price that they were $69.99 each. I referred to the catalog price right in front of me, but he would not budge on the price. I asked to speak to a Manager or Supervisor, but he only connected me to customer svc, for which I was on hold for 15 min to speak to one of their employees, but it was not a Supervisor. I had to go through the whole story, again asking to speak to a supervisor, since the customer svc person also quoted the price for $69.99, no matter how I referred to the catalog price. I was told a supervisor was not currently available, but that I would be called back within the next hour. I waited 1 1/2 hrs, but nobody called me back. I then called again, going throuh the same repeated steps of talking to a sales rep, asking for the 3rd time for a supervisor and being connected to the customer svc again. I insisted to speak to a supervisor and got to talk to a woman by the name of Ruth, who supposedly was one. After I presented my problem of not getting the advertised catalog price of $19.99 she told me "they were out of stock" and these chairs were not available anymore at all, period. Here's the bottom line:
When I 1st wanted to order two of these chairs, they were still available in the color taupe, but by the time I finally got to talk to a supervisor, she claimed they were out of stock, but she did admit that the catalog price was in fact $19.99. I then asked for a rain check for two chairs for $19.99 ea.
She (Ruth) said they may not get them back in until next season to which I replied, that's ok, I take them still then for that price. She said this was not possible and she didn't know if they would get them again next season or not. My complaint is that I was not connected with a supervisor, when I talked to the 1st sales rep, when the chairs were still available with the catalog price of $19.99
I do have a picture of this price in their catalog, but didn't see any place to send it as attachment.
Honestly, they may have made a mistake with the $19.99 price, but, just like in a store, where a price is posted for an item, by law that price has to be honored. There was nothing in the catalog that said anything that it would be only good for a certain time frame, or under special conditions.
The experiation date in front of the catalog read 8/23/21 and I called on June 29 to place the order."
Additional Communication Between Claimant and Brylane Inc Hide
  • Jul 09, 2021, Claiming party added:
  • I choose to get my claim publicized, if there is no offer to "make me happy" by the 13th of July 21 from Brylane Inc . I believe there must be other people who had the same bad experience and make it public.

Claimant invites Brylane Inc to make a fair offer.
1. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Jul 17, 2021 $14.99
Cash total : TBD

There has been no response to this claim from Brylane Inc. This claim will remain posted until resolved
  • Contributed Solution: by George Maxwell On 07-19-2021
    Brylane Home's customer service problem is their problem, not their customer's. Brylane Home should give the customer a $100 credit More...