Bed Bath & Beyond Inc-Dispute-#3171981

C. F. vs. Bed Bath & Beyond Inc (Headquarters)
Amount Involved: Other terms
Complaint(s): Discrimination
"I was recently terminated from your corporation. I worked at the Columbia, Mo store since it opened as an IC/office manager. I quickly rose in rank to become the stores Operation Manager. Over the past 3 years I was there I never received a write up and had received "meets expectations" on all my evaluations (highest anyone gets no matter how hard they work). I put a lot of blood sweat and tears into that store and even received perfect attendance last year. I was also told that the district staff thought of me as an asset to the company and that I was a wealth of Knowledge. With that, I will admit, that I did allow an associate to use my password to approve damages and ship outs, but only after I was unable to get any help. While I was on vacation (not even in the same state) a mistake took place and my name was put on it for approval because the associate could not get anyone to help her. Two weeks later, I was pulled in the office and terminated. My complaint is that I should have only been written up for this matter or even just put on probation, but I was fired. I think it is just wonderful that I had previously gone to LP and spoke to them about a manager who had opened the safe by herself (knowing that its against policy)(oh and it was caught on tape), and another manager lost a check for $180, allowing the customer to get their merchandise for free...Yet neither of these woman were written up or even given a slap on the wrist. On another note, a previous store manager after many complaints was allowed to step down and become an assistant. I even had to deal managers constantly being late, and being expected to write up other hourly associates for their tardiness. I am one who believes that you get what you put into it and I have never EVER used the race card, but after this I am calling this district out for discrimination against my race, especially since I was the only African American salaried manager in the store. There was no reason for me to be fired over sharing my password when I couldn't get help and I do not feel that I should be held accountable for the situation when it happened while I was on vacation. I feel that for all the hard work I have put into that store, I should have been treated as equal as the others...I should have gotten a write up."
Claimant invites Bed Bath & Beyond Inc (Headquarters) to make a fair offer to resolve this complaint.

There has been no response to this claim from Bed Bath & Beyond Inc (Headquarters). This claim will remain posted until resolved