sunset publications Inc-Dispute-#4836344

PO Box 372598, Satellite Beach, Florida, 32937, United States
    • Amount Involved: N/A
    • Filed On: Sep 09, 2012
    • Posted On: Sep 20, 2012
"I want to be released as a customer. I never ordered the magazines I'm paying for
each month. They say I had 24 hours to cancel that I didn't know about. So I'm locked
in for three years. Is this legal?"
Message from Sunset Publications: Mr Pete Brady never expressed to Sunset Publications his financial hardships, we would have been happy to lower his monthly payments in that case. Mr Brady states that he was not interested in the products he was receiving but he did choose he's own magazine titles in June. Providing the best service possible is our goal at Sunset Publications so we will be happy to cancel out all further payments.
Claimant invites Sunset Publications to make a fair offer.
1. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Sep 24, 2012 $7.95
Cash total : TBD
Respondent's Counteroffer Hide
Message from Sunset Publications: Mr Brady, We apologize for any trouble this has created, we will go ahead and cancel any further payments on your account.
1. Will cancel out all future payments on account. Nov 03, 2012 $0.00
Do you agree with the respondent’s Response?  (If you are a party to this claim, click here.)
  • Comment: by SuperSimon — Online mediator
  • On: 10-03-2012
  • I was tricked into signing up with Sunset publications by signing up for a TV ad for a contest and was immedietly locked in to 36 months of paying $50 a month. When I tried to change my debit card numbers, they called me, insisting I pay off money each month. To date, I have paid almost $600 to them for 1 1/2 years worth of 2 magazines a month. I am now writing to them to refuse to make any more payments. Hopefully changing my debit cards againa nd changing my phone number will work!!