J.H. vs. Samsung

J. H. vs. Samsung Electronics America Inc.
85 Challenger Rd Fl 6, Ridgefield Park, New Jersey, 07660-2118, United States
    • Filed On: Jun 16, 2020
    • Posted On: Jun 27, 2020
      • "This feels like a scam to me."
      • Failure to honor promises
"I bought 2 phones from Samsung and used their trade in deals on both. I bought a s10e and s20+5G. I paid cash for the Galaxy s10e and financed the Galaxy s20+ 5G. I also traded in 2 of our old phones, both were Galaxy s8 32GB (Sprint). I was to receive $250 for my Galaxy s8 on the purchase of my Galaxy s10e and $300 for my daughters Galaxy s8 on the purchase of a Galaxy s20+ 5G.

Everything went smoothly with the Galaxy s10e purchase and trade in, but not so smooth for my purchase of Galaxy s20+ 5G. I received an email stating that the Galaxy s8 trade in didn't meet the requirements of; turns on, and reset to factory settings.

The email stated:
1. Your device does not power on. Your device does not startup to the home screen and function normally.

2. You did not reset your device before shipping it to us.

When this phone left my house it powered on and was reset.

Logically it doesn't make sense that if this phone wouldn't power on that they would be able to tell if it was or wasn't reset. Also, I wouldn't send my phone back to a manufacturer or sell it without resetting it, even if I wasn't instructed to do so.

I did this transaction through Samsumg because of it being a big trusted company and felt they wouldn't take advantage of me.

I sent an email to DJ Koh CEO on June 06, 2020 an YH Eom CEO on June 10, 2020 and never received a response.

While waiting for a response from these gentlemen I Googled Samsung trade ins and found to my surprise numerous complaints many with the same excuse as to why the trade in was rejected; wouldn't turn on and wasn't reset.

This is unacceptable, if they don't want to honor their trade in deals then they should just do away with it and not jerk people around with bs excuses.

Joan Houck"
1. Refund: Trade in agreement deal Jun 30, 2020 $300.00

There has been no response to this claim from Samsung Electronics America Inc.. This claim will remain posted until resolved
  • Contributed Solution: by Brian Edderly On 07-10-2020
    What George said. If your phone does work, you have grounds to sue. Somewhere there is a class action attorney dying to do a good lawsuit against Samsung's mobile phone division.
  • Contributed Solution: by George Maxwell On 07-03-2020
    File complaints with the FTC and your state Attorney General More...