Pura Silk-Dispute-#5840312

L. F. vs. Pura Silk
2500 E. Imperial Hwy Suite 201-273 , Brea, California, 92821, United States
    • Claimant Seeks: 2 non-monetary items.
    • Filed On: Mar 06, 2012
    • Posted On: Mar 17, 2012
      • Problem with a product
      • Contract / Agreement / Promise dispute
"I ordered a free sample and paid for shipping/handling. I saw this item advertised on the Oprah website. I never went to their website at all. I was not happy with their product and did not order any more. What I didn't know was that they automatically enrolled me in a monthly order of this cream and charged my account. When it arrived, I wrote refused on the box and sent it back.
I called them to complain and they said that I would have to pay the charge because I didn't return it the right way, which was listed on their website. Having never been on the website, I called my credit card company. They called Pura Silk and they refused to back off the charge as it was on their web page and thus was my problem. Legally my credit card company said they couldn't do anything. They did cancel further orders.
Well now I have a charge I have to pay and I don't even have anything to show for it. They misrepresented themselves with the ad on the Oprah site.
Not only that, but the person I talked to was named Heather. The first time I called she refused to help me period. The second time, a conference call with the credit card company, she said she refused because she THOUGHT I was going to use profanity. I was totally insulted. She was very rude. I was pleasant and tried to get her to understand that I never saw any of their disclaimers/rules etc. She was a little less rude the second time, but not much.
I have no documentation of returning this box...no letter explaining what was up....no cream...and have to pay $90.
I think they are very clever on how they scam the consumer. "And the produce was not that great."
Non-Cash
1. Replace: send me another face creram if I have to pay for it. Mar 21, 2012 N/A
2. Apology: I would like an apology from Heather. I also plan to feature this whole situation on a public radio show here in Fort Wayne. I work at a local radio station and we have a consumer affairs show. Mar 21, 2012 N/A
Cash
1. Credit: face cream Mar 21, 2012 $89.99
Claimant invites Pura Silk to make a fair offer to resolve this complaint.
Non-cash: 2 items

There has been no response to this claim from Pura Silk. This claim will remain posted until resolved