Neicy-Nee LLC vs. People's Gas Company

People's Gas Knocked Down My Border Wall While Tearing Up My Street - I Need Help!

Neicy-Nee LLC vs. Peoples Gas Company
P.O. Box 535323, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 15253-5323, United States
Amount Involved: Other terms
    • Claimant Seeks: 2 non-monetary items.
    • Amount Involved: N/A
    • Filed On: Mar 25, 2019
    • Posted On: Apr 05, 2019
      • Commercial / Other dispute
      • Other
"On February 7, 2019 my tenant at 1001 KirkPatrick contacted me with pictures showing that my front wall was being impacted by all the digging and heavy equipment being used to updated the gas lines on that block.  It started with just 2 bricks protruding.  By the end of the shift that day those two bricks had fallen to the ground.  At that time I called People's Gas and began to complain.  They had the forman of the job contact me who was very defensive.  I questioned why is he being so defensive when it is obvious that he is impacting my wall.  He raved about "people" wanting everything to be his fault as if he had caused damage in the past.  In any event I told him that I had already called and was wanting until they were completely finished to file my claim.  Before I had a chance to finish receiving estimates to rebuild the wall my tenant on March 19, 2019 showed me pictures showing the total collaspe of my wall!  No it wasn't a few bricks showing movement or falling from the sides, etc. the ENTIRE wall collasped.  I immediately contacted People's Gas to do something since they are resposible and I have young kids in that house.  Well a Mr. Earl FItzgerald contacted me with the same disresectful gesture as the foreman that somehow it was because my wall was old? well constructed wall with drain pipes throughout was poorly constructed?? or I was just a female land owner and just didn't know any better..."
  • 03-22-2019 — Contacted by Earl Fitzgerald, Restoration Supervisor
  • 03-22-2019 — Initial contact with
  • 03-19-2019 — Total Collaspe of Border Wall
  • 02-11-2019 — Initial contact to People's Gas
  • 02-08-2019 — I inspected the damage
  • 02-07-2019 — Initial pictures from tenant
Non-Cash
1. Replace: Replace my border wall Apr 01, 2019 N/A
2. Apology: Suggesting I didnt understand that your heavy equipment caused the collaspe of my border wall Apr 01, 2019 N/A
Cash
1. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Apr 01, 2019 $14.99
Non-cash: 2 items

There has been no response to this claim from Peoples Gas Company. This claim will remain posted until resolved
  • Contributed Solution: by George Maxwell On 04-05-2019
    Start by calling your insurance agent and the state Utility Commission about damage to wall possibly caused by utility construction More...