S.T. vs. National Health Agents - 888-201-5266

National Health Agents violated FTC and FCC rules about telemarketing/ Do Not Call and robocalling.

S. T. vs. National Health Agents - 888-201-5266
200 Knuth Rd Ste 234, Boynton Beach, Florida, 33436-4636, United States
Amount Involved: $500.00
    • Filed On: Dec 17, 2018
    • Posted On: Dec 24, 2018
"This company, National Healthcare Agents, robocalled me. It used a spoofed local number; since I was expecting a call from a local business I was stupid enough to actually answer my phone - something few of us can do any more due to disreputable, unethical companies like this.

I know how illegal telemarketing works, with multiple layers of protection. But I pushed enough buttons to get through to a live agent (George) who told me the name of the company and its web address. He explained that the company is a broker for health insurance companies nationwide.

Once I explained that I am on the Do Not Call list he seemed puzzled, and asked if I didn't need health insurance?

My number has been on the Do Not Call list for many years, and is still on it.

The FTC's Telemarketing Sales Rule (TSR) prohibits sellers and telemarketers from engaging in certain abusive practices that infringe on a consumer’s right to be left alone. Violators are subject to civil penalties of up to $40,000 per violation, as well as injunctive remedies.

Robocalling is illegal and the FCC's Telephone Robocall Abuse Criminal Enforcement and Deterrence (TRACED) Act, imposes a penalty for robocalls of $1,500 per call, soon to be raised to up to $10,000 per call.

One Adrian Abramovich of Miami was recently fined a record $120 million for robocalling.

This company has violated both the FTC and FCC’s rules. Its call prevented a long-awaited call from getting through. It annoyed the **** out of me. I have no idea whether its selling any kind of decent policy or if it's just a complete scam; either way, I would never, ever, buy anything from a company with such a lack of ethics.
"
  • 12-17-2018 — National Health Agents used a spoofed local number to call me.
Additional Communication Between Claimant and National Health Agents - 888-201-5266 Hide
  • Jan 01, 2019, Claiming party added:
  • National Health Agents viewed my claim on December 18 but has made no effort to contact me or settle with me. I have therefore gone forward with a Public Fairness Assessment on Rhucoin. I hope anyone reading this claim will visit the PFA and vote for what they think is the fairest resolution. i am so done with this.

1. Compensation: Preventing genuine calls from getting through; taking up my time; interrupting my privacy; preventing me from using my own phone properly; violating FTC and FCC laws. Jan 01, 2019 $500.00
Awaiting response from Party
Sammy Maxwell commented
Sammy Maxwell (Comment):
"I hope you succeed. These people who robocall are scum."
 (4 months ago)

There has been no response to this claim from National Health Agents - 888-201-5266. This claim will remain posted until resolved
  • Contributed Solution: by Sophie Blythe On 01-05-2019
    Report National Health Agents to the FCC, FTC and your state insurance commissioner More...
  • Contributed Solution: by J Petaluma On 12-27-2018
    National Health Agents should pay $500 compensation to claimant AND stop using a robocalling lead service More...
  • Contributed Solution: by George Maxwell On 12-24-2018
    I am very interested in your approach. National Health Agents should certainly pay you the money you ask in recompense for illegally invading your privacy and wasting your time. I have reported such calls myself and I am tired of spending my time and energy doing so. I will follow this approach myself on the very next health insurance robocall I answer. I looked up National Health Agents and see there is a listing on Craigslist looking for more agents. Good lord.