A.J. vs. Muscled Up Movers On 08/27/2016 Moved To Fl.

A. J. vs. Muscled Up Movers
3070 Leeman Ferry Rd SW, Huntsville, Alabama, 35801-5642, United States
    • View response from: Muscled Up Movers
    • Claimant Seeks: 4 non-monetary items.
    • Claim #: 7371950
    • Amount Involved: N/A
    • Filed On: Dec 29, 2016
    • Posted On: Jan 09, 2017
      • Customer service runarounds
"I had a professional moving company move my possessions from Union Grove, AL to Cocoa, FL for an agreed upon fee.
Upon arrival to our new destination on 8/27/2016 I discovered many pieces of furniture were damaged, including a large desk, an very large chest. In addition there were several collector items that were completely broken, some partially broken and some items that we still can't find.

According to the contract I signed with the owner my furniture was to be covered with blankets and protected, my inside personal items were to be wrapped and packed and each box marked with the initials of the person that wrapped the items. None of this was done. We have been talking back and forth for months now and I still have no settlement in site. The owner wants to replace everything with new but so far nothing has been replaced. I would prefer a monetary settlement to get this over with. I a tired of the beating around the bush."
  • 08-27-2016 — Moved
  • 09-02-2016 — Arrived at destination, Cocoa, FL
  • 09-03-2016 — Started to notice lots of damaged and broken goods.
Exhibits View
Additional Communication Between Claimant and Muscled Up Movers Hide
  • Jan 12, 2017, Claiming party added:
  • An offer was summited on Monday 1/09/17 and I have not had an answer from them. I had a conversation with the person (Choston Wheeler) that is handling the case, however, he can't make a decision without the owner's approval. As of yesterday afternoon there was no response.

I had a professional mover yesterday look at some of the damage, especially what they are refuting and I was told it was definitely caused in the move. The piece was jammed up against something with no protection and they could see where something it was next to which was also uncovered rubbed deep gouges into the wood right on the front. I am inserting a photo of this item.

If I don't get a satisfactory response today to end this I will be posting several more photos to solidify my claim very soon.

• Jan 12, 2017, Claiming party added:
  • Here are some additional photos I would like to post to this claim. If I need to resort to a mediator to settle this matter it will be at the expense of Muscled Up Movers's . I have tried my best to get them to settle, however, there has been no movement on their part. At this point I would like a cash settlement of $700.00.

Claimant invites Muscled Up Movers to make a fair offer.
1. Other – Copy claim to regulators Jan 13, 2017 $14.99
2. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Jan 13, 2017 $7.99
3. Other – Physical delivery charges Jan 13, 2017 $4.99
Cash total : TBD
Respondent's Counteroffer Hide
1. The cookie jar and plate have been ordered andin the process of shiiping or shipped (According to Ebay) Jan 13, 2017 N/A
2. What is the value of scratches on the computer desk? Jan 13, 2017 N/A
3. We believe the scratches on the hutch were not the faut of Muscled Up Movers Jan 13, 2017 N/A
4. We are in the process of locating the other vintage items (squirrel cookie jar and long stem candel holders). Jan 24, 2017 N/A
Non-cash: 4 items
Do you agree with the respondent’s Response?  (If you are a party to this claim, click here.)