C.S. vs. Loma Linda Medical Center

• 20% of recovery offered for best resolution

Major Screw-Up by Loma Linda Scared and even flatlined due to negligence! Help!

C. S. vs. Loma Linda Medical Center
11234 Anderson St, Loma Linda, California, 92354-2804, United States
    • Filed On: Jul 04, 2017
    • Posted On: Jul 15, 2017
      • Patient Neglect at Health Facility
      • Poor Bedside Manner
      • Incompetence
"To Whom It May Concern:

I am finally well enough to sit down and make you aware of the treatment that I received while at Loma Linda Medical Center in Loma Linda, CA.

First of all, the only reason that I went to this facility after my terrible experience there the first time I went there was because I was in serious pain and my husband has an appointment in the area. Also, I was assured that this is a fine hospital. You will never get another chance with my health again!
First, it was found that my Peritoneal catheter was infected and needed to be removed. While removing the catheter, the surgeon scraped the surrounding muscles. I told the nurse after returning to my room that something wasn’t right and I felt like I was hemorrhaging. I was told I was fine only to be found that I was indeed hemorrhaging! I now have a huge scar down my belly and was told by another surgeon that I was bleeding profusely and they had trouble stopping the bleeding.

A couple days later, I told the nurse that I thought that I had an infection. This was a different nurse with the same response like before as if coached. “Oh honey, you’re alright. You just had surgery.” Are you kidding me? And this bright red burning hot stripe on my thigh, over the incision and on my hip? Come to find out after once again insisting I was right, I indeed had an infection!
The final straw, aside from the disgusting dreadful food, was when I was sent home by Dr. Sura even after I insisted that I was having trouble breathing. He just stroked my arm and called me his “friend” every day completely ignoring my pleas for help. I returned the next day thanks to my 14 year old son’s intelligence only to physically die. I was told by an ICU Dr. that I was so toxic my body gave up.

On top of all of that, it was as if your staff of Dr’s could not agree on how to help my pain and left me to cry myself to random naps. They would purposely leave me in excruciating pain. I would get one doctor that would try to help only for the night crew to come and take away the pain medicine. It was literally over a month of Hell. I had maybe three good nurses and one good surgeon. I wish that I could remember their names, however, I was in no shape to take notes. Also, one of your staff members stole $80 from my wallet and the aids couldn’t get rid of me fast enough packing up my stuff as quickly as possible even though I told them that my ride couldn’t come for 5 hours.  The list can go on. I will make sure to let everyone I ever meet know exactly how you treat your patients and I have the scars to prove it!

The only reason you are not being sued is because I am “breathing and alive” now. I think they all have the lawyers in their pockets so that they can do whatever you want and get away with it.  Don’t worry about me though. The Lord knows their sins.

"
Additional Communication Between Claimant and Loma Linda Medical Center Hide
  • Feb 08, 2018, Claiming party added:
  • Why do you refuse to even look at this claim against you? Your staff made grave mistakes that ended my life. You sent in a young doctor that tried to appease me into thinking that I was okay and if it weren't for my 14 year old son, I would have died at home. You should be ashamed of yourselves!

1. Compensation: over a month of hell and a patch quilt stomach Jul 19, 2017 $25,000.00
2. Damages: Disfigured my abdomen due to carelessness during surgery Jul 19, 2017 $100,000.00
3. Recovery of Losses: Employee stole money from wallet Jul 19, 2017 $80.00
4. Other – Copy claim to regulators Jul 19, 2017 $14.99
5. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Jul 19, 2017 $14.99
6. Other – Physical delivery charges Jul 19, 2017 $4.99

There has been no response to this claim from Loma Linda Medical Center. This claim will remain posted until resolved
  • Question: by Jim Wicks (1782 points) — Former Atip Intern, Occasional Contributor And Moderator
  • On: 07-26-2017
  • To the claimant: You say you're holding off suing because you think Loma Linda "has the lawyers in their pockets." You might be surprised. There are many lawyers and mediators within PeopleClaim's community, some of whom could be interested in a case of this kind. Would you be open to talking with a legal professional about your situation?
  • Contributed Solution: by J S On 07-18-2017
    CS should obtain her complete medical records from Loma Linda Medical Center, and have them reviewed by an experienced medical malpractice attorney to see if there is a case that could be won. More...
  • Question: by Jessica Lothman (605 points) — Marquette University Law Student
  • On: 07-18-2017
  • First, I hope your health continues to improve.

As for the damages, in a medical case like this, if there was mal-practice, delayed treatment, or mis-diagnosis that led to more severe conditions or required additional medical treatment, then those medical costs should also be included as damages. If insurance covered these expenses, then money paid by the insurance would go to them, but if you paid anything out of pocket for these medical procedures and time in the hospital, then that money should be considered as part of your claim.

What were your additional out-of-pocket medical expenses after the initial treatment?