Days Inn, Kemah, Texas - bad experience

Amount Involved: $292.58
    • Filed On: Aug 17, 2011
    • Posted On: Sep 01, 2011
"Days Inn, Kemah, Texas - bad experience

This hotel is giving your company a REALLY bad name.

Upon our arrival to our room we noticed a musty/moldy smell. My husband pulled back the bed spread and noticed a water stain on the box spring. After a few minutes we decided it would be impossible to stay in this room for health reasons (asthma).
I notified the person at the front desk and they said that they had similar complaints from other tenants.
They offered to move us to a room two doors down but the smell was worse in this room. The person stated that this was due to the new carpet but this was NOT a new carpet smell but a mildew smell. Then I was told because we had booked through a third party (Hotels.com) that I could not get reimbursed for the money that we had already paid for the room.

It was Hotels.com problem.

After an hour of talking with three different representatives at Hotels.com (the person at the front desk would not answer the phone to talk with them until I was standing in front of him)Hotels.com offered a $50 discount on our next booking NOT $50 on our present situation.

This was unacceptable and I hung up on them. I will NEVER book through Hotels.com again.

Totally frustrated we had packed up and headed to Holiday Inn Resort down the street.

This was the worse case of CUSTOMER SERVICE I have ever experienced with regards to a Hotel room that is unhealthy to sleep in. The fact that we, as a consumer, had to eat the $90 because of red tape and uncleanliness of the room is a story that we will spread with ALL our friends and acquaintances.

Now that I and my husband know this Hotel is associated with WYNDAM group. We hope that your group (Wyndam) would at least see our problem as bad service and reimburse us for the money we've lost. At the least coordinate with Hotels.com for re-imbursement as it is your name (Days Inn) that is getting the bad name.

If this is not the case, then we will continue to NOT stay at ANY of your associated Hotels.

We talked to other tenants before we left and they had similar issues but were STUCK because the money had already been paid and they had a larger group. They also said they will never book there again.

The fact that as a consumer we pay for something sight unseen and then are expected to accept poor conditions is AMAZING in this day and age of Facebook and Twitter where bad stories/experiences travel far and wide.

This comment has been written after calming down from the initial experience.

I hope to here back from you soon as I have saved a copy of this comment to pass along to anyone who can read.
"
  • 08-12-2011 — Unhealthy room at Days Inn, Kemah, Texas
1. Compensation: Holiday Inn we moved to because of unsanitary room Sep 15, 2011 $202.27
2. Refund: Room charge / Days Inn, Kemah, Tx Sep 15, 2011 $90.31

There has been no response to this claim from Hotels.com, L.P. This claim will remain posted until resolved