grand solmar cabo san lucas-Dispute-#5467294

T. C. vs. Grand Solmar Resort And Spa, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Av. Solmar No. 1A Col. Centro, Col. Centro, Cabo San Lucas, Bcs, C.P, 23450, United States
    • Filed On: Nov 28, 2012
    • Posted On: Dec 09, 2012
      • Contract / Agreement / Promise dispute
      • Overcharge or billing error
"Went to Cabo in August 2012 after my husband of 35 years passed away, to grieve in private with our children.
I was on heavy medication at the time. Was promised a free ride to and from the airport if I would visit a hotel nearby.
Next morning went there, told the man I wasn't feeling well, and why. Told him I didn't feel like staying for that and he assured me it wouldn't take very long for the presentation. He told me to eat breakfast there. I did and he started to show me the hotel after. I let him know that I was still grieving the loss of my husband and needed to get back to my children.
He took me to this room and served me drinks. At this point it was so hot and I had a headache, and was crying. I was on medication also.
He kept telling me I would be fine and couldn't leave yet. He brought out these books and papers on this hotel and kept saying just to sign and I could go. So 5 hours into this I agreed so I could just get out of there. There was so much pressure to sign these papers.
They asked for my credit card and I told them no I didn't want to be charged for anything and they assured me that I wouldn't. I gave them an ATM card because I knew that it wouldn't be charged. They also had my check card, but assured me that it wouldn't be used.
We spent 5 days in our hotel that we were booked in.
When we got back, I was called by someone who said the card was not good and would be using my other one. I told her no that I didn't have money and she said it was too late. I called back and told them that I wasn't in the right frame of mind at the time and was told different. I did not even read the papers that the man coherced me into signing and just wanted to leave.
I feel that I was discriminated against, because of the poor communication and pressure not to leave until I signed the forms.
I feel that it is unethical that they would take my money like that after they knew that my house is in foreclosure and can't afford it."
Additional Communication Between Claimant and Grand Solmar Resort And Spa, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico Hide
  • Dec 03, 2012, Grand Solmar Resort and Spa, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico (responding party) added:
  • Dear Teri Coronado:
    A Sales representative from Grand Solmar will be contacting you directly to address this matter.
    Cordially,
    Members Services

• Dec 03, 2012, Claiming party added:
  • Thank you very much.
    Sincerely,

Teri Coronado

1. Refund: the money that they took from my account Dec 13, 2012 $10,000.00
2. Pay me for my time: 5 hours at $40 an hour and mental anxiety Dec 13, 2012 $500.00
3. Other – Copy claim to regulators Dec 13, 2012 $14.99
4. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Dec 13, 2012 $7.99

There has been no response to this claim from Grand Solmar Resort and Spa, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. This claim will remain posted until resolved