V.V. vs. Clarke Electric Cooperative Inc

V. V. vs. Clarke Electric Cooperative Inc
PO Box 161, Osceola, Iowa, 50213-0161, United States
"I had major colon surgery on Sept 24th and another minor Feb 10th 2016, this with a broken tail bone has made it for me not worked but 2 and a half months in the last year. I knew that things would be tight so I searched for assistance at State heating assistance, churches, Medicaid, even had a financial advisor try. every place declined because my wife makes to much money, {80 to 1300 a month}, even food stamps said no, even though I showed a 1600 dollar loss.
I had given them 235 dollars after only promising them 25 but I had some unexpected money come in and sent as much as I could that week.

I got a disconnect notice March 3rd for they wanted 111 dollars by the 4th, I called and ask for a week and half to pay, that I could fit in budget when wife gets paid.

March 9 th came around and they cut electric off and put notice in door 657 during business 720 after hours and they would be more then happy to turn back on, no disclaimer.

On March 14th mom loaned me the money and called in and ended up paying 550 and 261.26 then another 159 dollars on the 15th because of the following charges where not stated on notice they put on door or added after.

Deposit - 350 dollars. I have been with them since Sept 2007. and they had a deposit on file for 300. It was admitted to myself my mom as well to Iowa Board Of Utilities that there files are so screwed up they can't tell if I made a deposit or not.

Disconnect fee - 125 was not on door stating it was needed.

Connect fee - 125 was included in statement and added it total on door, I believe paid 2 times for total of 250.

Membership fee - 5.00 dollars paid also in 2007 for 10 dollars.. There the only source of power there for there is not a choice there for it is free money to them. pulled off there home page
{ Clarke Electric Cooperative is a not-for-profit, member-owned electric cooperative utility located in Osceola, Iowa. Our cooperative serves 5,000 members in parts of eight counties and maintains 1,800 miles of line in south central Iowa. Formed in 1939, }

We have paid a total of 1,263.52 to date if I had that kind of money I would of paid the 110.

I am saying they could of waited 8 days for the balance and they took advantage of a disabled man kicked him while he was down you might say.

Highway price gouging _ even though there are rules and regulation they go by, there is something called ethics.
It was stated that if Clarke Electric sees your trying they will work with you by there receptionist, I fail to see"
1. Refund: cash refunded over paid Apr 30, 2016 $600.00
2. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Apr 30, 2016 $7.99
Claimant invites Clarke Electric Cooperative Inc to make a fair offer to resolve this complaint.

There has been no response to this claim from Clarke Electric Cooperative Inc. This claim will remain posted until resolved