General Motors Chevrolet Division-Dispute-#1570698

E. L. vs. Chevrolet Gm (Headquarters)
PO Box 33170, Detroit, Michigan, 48232-5170, United States
Additional Communication Between Claimant and Chevrolet Gm (Headquarters) Hide
  • Jun 05, 2012, Claiming party added:
  • There was a recall for defective power steering on my 2006 chevy cobalt that I was never notified about or even aware of until I was in a bad accident due to the power steering failing. I suffered a fractured jaw (that I am still undergoing surgeries to correct), broken foot, fractured cheek bone, some vision loss, many bruises, and now multiple scars on my face from surgerys. If I would have known there was a problem with the power steering I would not have driven the car until it was inspected and fixed. I was experiencing health issues at the time and I would have chose not to try to operate the vehicle because I would have known that I was too weak to control a car that had no power steering.I was cheated out of having a say and making a decision about my safety. All the pain, suffering and costs I am enduring could have been avoided if I was given my right to be informed.

• Jun 12, 2012, Claiming party added:
  • Attempted to contact Jemeia Price at 12:15pm(mst) at phone number 313-665-3383. Left a voicemail along with my contact information and claim number 743927. Awaiting a callback.

1. Compensation: pain and suffering Jun 10, 2012 $50,000.00
2. Compensation: medical bills Jun 10, 2012 $6,000.00
3. Compensation: cost of daughter's doctors office visits that we were unable to attend Jun 10, 2012 $850.00
4. Compensation: childcare Jun 10, 2012 $500.00
5. Damages: cost of vehicle replacement Jun 10, 2012 $10,000.00
6. Recovery of Losses: defective equipment citations, cost of warrant and bond Jun 10, 2012 $5,000.00
7. Monetary items with amounts to be determined: medical bills Jun 10, 2012 TBD*
8. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Jun 10, 2012 $7.95
9. Other – Physical delivery charges Jun 10, 2012 $6.90
Claimant invites Chevrolet GM (Headquarters) to make a fair offer to resolve this complaint.
Cash total : $72,364.85*
*Amount shown is not final: total will increase when pending amount(s) are known and entered.

There has been no response to this claim from Chevrolet GM (Headquarters). This claim will remain posted until resolved