My Claim vs. Bob, Owner Twin Falls Trading Co. Dispute

H. D. vs. Bob, Owner Twin Falls Trading Co.
590 Addison Avenue, Twin Falls, Idaho, 83301-5171, United States
    • View response from: Bob, Owner Twin Falls Trading Co.
    • Claimant Seeks: 1 non-monetary items.
    • Filed On: Feb 12, 2015
    • Posted On: Feb 23, 2015
      • Customer service runarounds
"My daughter sold him some furniture, I was unaware of, and he took total advantage of her and took many items that were not for sale he was told by Susanna as well as me. The last unit I was there Bob purchased a pine bench with navy cushion with flys, bakers rack, iron lamp with elk and shade, one square funky table, my daughter said do you want to sell anything else - I said no close it up I have to drive carpool nothing else is for sale. He kept picking up lamps with flowered shades I said put them down I purchased them from a friend who passed away, antique box's with stands I used as end tables one red and one dark pine, I again said put it down they are not for sale, pewter umbrella stand from Sturdevants with antique golf clubs, cricket paddle, tennis racquet,collection of canes, one set of skis, oil painting by Mailee $2,500 , large old table books given to me by my mother which included Norman Rockwell, climbing books, movies of past, Sun Valley book, etc. and some I purchased all gone, antique cow bell I purchased in France. He got into my buffet and broke the lock on it which is were my silver was. A twelve piece silver place setting of Chantilly by Gorham valued at $11.299.95, a few additional extra pieces valued at $12,724.90 plus all the serving pieces were all silver and passed down through the family. Two living room lights purchased $500, a curling ball he was supposed to keep at the store to pick up as my daughter didn't have a car so he sold it any way, the list goes on and on. A few old books and pictures from the Dean side of the family and Dean baby chair down to my gene log carrier, canister for propane. The list goes on and on I need the full name of Bob as he does not list it any where. I have all the payments to the storage units - he walks around picks up items. At one point my daughter went through his trailer and pulled out many things he just took. One large box of silver was left open in another storage unit and all piled high to the ceiling and thrown in the unit obviously gone through. My daughter said she left it neat and organized. I have proof from Dave who runs storage plus, the ASA movers who I owe $2,600 because all was a disaster and they organized the whole unit we went through box after box. I was unaware all the bedroom furniture was sold, including my log bedside table that is a set to my headboard and additional table. Here are other items it took unauthorized maghony tea cart which I specifically told him no many times, old solid iron used as door stop again I told him to put it down. one record player, one antique square box with metal used on boats he kept blankets but tosses out St. Lukes one, large pine trunk with all the Halloween costumes thrown all over storage unit, one red hand made mirror they are a pair designed by Bruce Martin, pair snow shoes, one pair skis, old cane collection, wood living room light, long wooden bread tray, antique weights collection in small enlongated box with weights, large antique scale for wall, large meat hook. I need his full name for me to take him to court and to warn others about him he is slippery and dishonest. He took it all for a cabin he was furnishing as he kept mentioning the cabin. I want my items back all he stole he needs to be brought to justice with my family silver gone. He keeps saying only furniture then he slips and says well some for decorating. All five children keep looking for items and asking me again this Bob character took it all. "they respond that is not fair." Sus was running late one time and said he could go in an look till she got there he just lifted all he wanted. Didn't officially purchase a thing. A woman friend of Sus found him on the computer she is a old junkie named Jullien she kept telling him I was senile after I had knee surgery. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she received some money or some compensation from him as she tried it with me and it didn't work at all. There were so many storage plus keys out at the time I m sure Bob or Julien had one."
Additional Communication Between Claimant and Bob, Owner Twin Falls Trading Co. Hide
  • Apr 26, 2015, Claiming party added:
  • My family silver is gone trays, 12 piece placesetting with engraved A or S

• Apr 26, 2015, Claiming party added:
  • My sterling silver is now missing - 12 piece place setting of Chantilly by Gorman.
    He also invaded the last storage unit after I sold him five pieces - I said nothing else is for sale I said close it up nothing is for sale. He kept picking up my bedroom lamps I kept telling to put them down they are mine - also my end tables are split with antique boxes took them, the pine chest, one chest from antique chest with blankets threw out one from St. Lukes took rest even Xmas blankets. The list goes on and on he is a terrible man who takes regardless of value to clients. He kept saying it is an estate sale I informed him I am not dead yet.I want all from the last unit he took and took.

Non-Cash
1. Replace: return all items in original condition Feb 05, 2015 N/A
Cash
1. Recovery of Losses: I just want my items back from him. Feb 05, 2015 $30,000.00
2. Monetary items with amounts to be determined: that is just silver replacement they are mostly monogramed,\. Feb 05, 2015 TBD*
3. Other – Copy claim to regulators Feb 05, 2015 $14.99
4. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Feb 05, 2015 $7.99
5. Other – Physical delivery charges Feb 05, 2015 $2.99
Cash total : $30,025.97*
Non-cash: 1 items
*Amount shown is not final: total will increase when pending amount(s) are known and entered.
Respondent's Counteroffer Hide
The claimant's settlement terms were rejected with no explanation. This claim will remain posted until resolved.
Do you agree with the respondent’s Response?  (If you are a party to this claim, click here.)
  • Contributed Solution: by Brian Ward On 03-15-2015