My Claim vs. Apple Inc Dispute

1 Infinite Loop, Cupertino, California, 95014-2084, United States
    • Filed On: Sep 27, 2015
    • Posted On: Oct 08, 2015
      • Problem with a product
"A week and a half ago I received a notification that a new software was available for my iPhone 5s, laptop and iPad, called iOS9. It claimed to fix glitches and bugs, like all previous softwares did. Without hesitation, I proceeded to download this iOS9 software to my iPhone5s first, then to my laptop and then to my iPad. My laptop and my iPad software downloaded very rapidly but my iPhone software took hours. I noticed it was rather strange. It usually takes no time at all. When it finally downloaded, my iPhone started acted strangely. It would shut down and reboot by itself. It would do this several times a day, whether I would be talking or on FB, or playing a tune. I contacted Apple and two technicians assisted me in saving my files to my laptop and reloading the iOS9 software but to no avail. Today, 9/27/15, my phone shut down completely. I took it down to the Apple store in Oakbrook and after rebooting it they told me it was two years old and it could "have been anything." Bullshit. My phone was working perfectly well before iOS9. They told me "I didn't have to download the file." Bullshit! I told them the company should take responsibility for ruining my phone and give me credit for purchasing a new one. The manager said no such deal. I would have to buy one on my own. I went to the AT&T store and this is what they told me: "Apple warned us not to allow customers to download iOS9 because it's a problematic software and it's causing a lot of problems."
The Apple store was packed when I went this morning and I had to wait over 40 minutes to see someone and more time to be told that nothing could be done. And then I found out from another customer who told me he had been in an Apple store three times for the same problem but never got it resolved. He told me I was never going to get a new phone.

Apple needs to take full responsibility for the faulty software that is ruining all these phones and should credit their customers fully for the phones they wrecked."
1. Compensation: inoperable iPhone 5s Oct 12, 2015 $269.00
2. Pay me for my time: 3 hours @ $60.00 Oct 12, 2015 $180.00

There has been no response to this claim from Apple Inc.. This claim will remain posted until resolved
  • Contributed Solution: by Kristen Tully On 10-16-2015