D.H. vs. American Cruise Lines (Sole Proprietorship)

D. H. vs. American Cruise Lines
741 Boston Post Rd Ste 200, Guilford, Connecticut, 06437-2743, United States
"ON SATURDAY JULY 30 P.M. BONNIE CALLED AMERICAN CRUISE LINES AND SCHEDULED A ROOM ON A HUDSON RIVER CRUISE FOR SEPTEMBER. 18, FROM NEW YORK TO ALBANY. THE AGENT TOLD HER IT WAS THE LAST ROOM AVAILABLE. ON MONDAY I CALLED THE SAME NUMBER TO CANCEL THE RESERVATION AND THE AGENT SAID I SHOULD SEND A LETTER STATING THAT. I TOLD HER WE COULD NOT MAKE THE CRUISE AND TO CANCEL. WE RECEIVED OUR ITINERARY AND CONFIRMATION BOOKING NO. 6455299 ABOUT I WEEK AFTER I HAD CANCELED AND I DID NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CANCELLATION POLICIES UNTIL THEN. AFTER SENDING THE LETTER AND NOT RECEIVING A CREDIT I CALLED BACK TO SEE WHAT HAPPENED. THE AGENT REFERRED ME TO WAYNE BETTS WHO DID NOT RETURN MY CALL. I CALLED WAYNE BACK ON MONDAY AUGUST 22, TOLD HIM MY SITUATION AND SAID IF I DID NOT GET MY CREDIT I WANTED MY ROOM AND HE STATED THEY HAD ALREADY SOLD MY ROOM AND TO SEND A LETTER TO MANAGEMENT STATING MY POSITION. IF I HAD KNOWN OF ANY CANCELLATION PROBLEMS I WOULD HAVE SIMPLY RESCHEDULED OUR SURGEREYS AND TRIED TO MAKE THE TRIP LEAVING OUR ROOM AVAILABLE.

HE ALSO ASKED WHAT I HAD DONE WITH THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND I TOLD HIM I HAD NOT AUTHORIZED PAYMENT AND CANCELED THE CARD RIGHT AFTER I CALLED TO CANCEL. HE SAID THEY HAD DISPUTED THE PAYMENT WHICH I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT.

THE CANCELLATION POLICY WAS SENT WITH OUR ITINERARY ABOUT 1 WEEK AFTER I CALLED TO CANCEL. {WHICH WAS MONDAY . AUGUST 1ST.] IF HAD I KNOWN THE CANCELLATION POLICY BEFOREHAND I WOULD NOT HAVE CANCELED BUT JUST NOT SHOWN IF I COULD NOT HAVE MADE THE TRIP. THE CANCELLATION POLICY IS PROBABLY LISTED BUT WE DID NOT READ IT UNTIL WE GOT OUR ITINERARY AND DID NOT RECEIVE OUR CREDIT, ONE WEEK AFTER I HAD CANCELLED."
Claimant invites American Cruise Lines to make a fair offer.
1. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Sep 10, 2016 $7.99
2. Other – Physical delivery charges Sep 10, 2016 $4.99
Cash total : TBD

There has been no response to this claim from American Cruise Lines. This claim will remain posted until resolved
  • Contributed Solution: by Steve McAllister On 12-14-2016
    AMERICAN CRUISE LINES needs to close the gap and expectations on cancellation policy More...