A Licensed Roofing Company Dispute

Complaint(s): Problem with a service
    • View response from: A Licensed Roofing Company
    • Filed On: May 04, 2014
    • Posted On: May 15, 2014
"I contracted and paid $1000 on October 10, 2013 to the Company to fix the leaky roof of my house with one year warranty. The initial and two follow-up services did not solve the problem. I sent a certified letter on April 15, 2014 to the Company asking for following-up service or paying me $500 back by May 3, 2014. There is no response."
Additional Communication Between Claimant and A Licensed Roofing Company Hide
  • May 14, 2014, A Licensed Roofing Company (responding party) added:
  • Ming, you personally viewed the video of the water test in January of 2014 where the roof repair was not leaking, but the actual skylight was. We never charged you a trip charge or asked you to pay a service call. Your son even got on the roof top and saw where the water was coming in and I encouraged you to reach out to the original skylight manufacturer to address the skylights defect. No communication has been received from you or with regard to your property since our last visit to your home in January 2014. We will not be bullied into paying you money. If this false accusation is published, online or elsewhere, legal action will be sought against you for the false claims. Please do not disregard the seriousness of this matter. Sarah Harris, Owner / Director of Operations

• May 14, 2014, A Licensed Roofing Company (responding party) added:
  • Ming, originally you contacted our company to repair your "leaky skylight." We addressed all of your concerns over the telephone and you stated you could not afford to replace the defective 10x10 skylight and inquired about a "sealer" to be used instead. We do NOT repair the actual skylights, only the rooftops surrounding, so we thoughtfully provided you with our skylight manufacturer's contact information so that you could communicate any questions you had directly with them. 37 days later, you again solicited our services, only this time it was to "repair a tile roof." The very next day, we completed our estimate and quoted your 2 roof repairs at $1,250. You again said money was tight and requested that we reduce the price to $1,000 and complete only the transition of the skylight where 1 of 2 roof leaks was pinpointed. We accepted your revised contract terms, and put them into writing for you. We located the leak at the skylight transition by looking through the large holes that were cut out of the ceiling at the skylight due to severe water damage, mold and neglect. We again verified the leak from on the rooftop once the tile was removed during our repair.
    At that time, we also learned the area had been previously repaired by an unlicensed handyman, and that the problem was ongoing. Ming, you personally viewed the video of the water test in January of 2014 where the roof repair was not leaking, but the actual skylight was. Your son even got on the roof top and saw where the water was coming in and I encouraged you to reach out to the original skylight manufacturer to address the skylights defect. We never charged you a trip charge or asked you to pay a service call. We have been responsive to your requests, sensitive to your needs and most importantly, we've provided you with superior workmanship and outstanding customer service.
    Upon reviewing your complaint, contract #1538 completed on 10/11/2013, along with all documentation, photographs and video evidence of the repair and the 2 separate roof inspections following its completion, I hereby decline your unfounded request for reimbursement. Your claim that we have been served by certified mail is false as is your claim that work order #1538 was not completed as contracted. NO communication has been received from you or with regard to your property since our last visit to your home in January 2014. I am 100% confident in the work that was contracted and completed, and am 100% confident that you cannot produce any documentation or findings to the contrary. I may be reached at 954-792-2020 to discuss this matter further. Sarah Harris, Owner / Director of Operations

• May 17, 2014, Claiming party added:
  • I have a leaky roof and tried to fix it myself without success. Therefore, I contacted A Licensed Roofing Company. They said on the repair contract that "the location of active roof leak area to be at skylight transition" and promised to take care of the problem with "one year leak-free guarantee" for $1,000. The contract was signed by both parties on 10/9/2013. $1,000 was paid; work was performed; roof continues leaking. Two follow-up services did not help. Their phony stories are unfounded; Trash talk has no merit. Fact of the matter is that A LICENSED ROOFING COMPANY FAILED TO PERFORM REPAIR CONTRACT and MY ROOF IS STILL LEAKING AT THE SAME SPOT THEY PROMISED TO FIX.

1. Refund: Amount I paid May 19, 2014 $1,000.00
2. Other – Pay for claim posting cost May 19, 2014 $7.99
Respondent's Counteroffer Hide
The claimant's settlement terms were rejected with the following explanation:
  • "Fraud, misuse of the law and consumers rights, deception, con artist: These are the words that describe this complaint and the persons who filed it. I would produce herein the evidence, both photographic and contractual, necessary to close out this fraudulent claim and/or disprove its validity, but I have been advised by legal council to save them for court. Again Wang, this false accusation will not "make you any money" and will not be taken lightly. Shame on you for trying to take advantage of my small business. Govern yourself accordingly. Sarah Harris Owner / Director of Operations."

This claim will remain posted until resolved.

Do you agree with the respondent’s Response?  (If you are a party to this claim, click here.)