United Air Line-Dispute-#3711026

N. C. vs. United Airlines, Inc.
PO Box 06649, Chicago, Illinois, 60606-0649, United States
"I booked a flight to Savannah, GA for Oct 6,2012 and was not told it was an Express flight. I sat in the second seat in front, even though I had a pre-assigned seat. United took no interest in that . I was so cold on the whole flight that I asked for a blanket and received this answer. "We don't carry blankets". The stewardess admitted that she knew anyone who sat in the front two seats would be frozen, just like she was. She informed me that at times she had to wear leggings under her clothes because she was freezing. She, however was able to go to the middle of the plane just to warm up, while delivering drinks. I arrived and was absolutely chilled throughout my body.
Within two days of arrival, I was sick. Congestion in chest and head, along with a fever, and severe cough. I came back on the 13th of Oct. and am still not totally recovered!
Needless to say this ruined my vacation and I did not order my tickets at the last minute!!
I feel justified in asking for a refund pf all ar partial money back since it was over $500 dollars.
"
Claimant invites United Airlines, Inc. to make a fair offer to resolve this complaint.

There has been no response to this claim from United Airlines, Inc.. This claim will remain posted until resolved
  • Comment: by CathyJ — Online mediator
  • On: 12-29-2012
  • If you booked a particular seat I am not sure why you didn't sit in it? It is hard to see how United is at fault unless they insisted that you vacate the seat you had booked.
  • Comment: by Jennifer Sheehy — Online mediator
  • On: 12-15-2012
  • If you haven't already, you should definitely contact United. Put your issue with your flight and what occurred in writing, and send it the corporate office. I think, because of what occurred, the customer call center will probably not be of much help, but is also a good place to start. They may be able to offer you some type of travel voucher or such to try and make the situation right for you.