David K vs. Tuff Shed Inc

• View response from: Tuff Shed Inc Via Lowe's
    • Filed On: Mar 01, 2017
    • Posted On: Mar 12, 2017
      • Overcharge or billing error
"I paid Tuff Shed to build me a 30x30 garage the salesman came and looked at my property and said it could be done also told me he could get a low voltage permit with it also for lighting and garage door opener. I did my own measuring not tuff shed or any other representative of tuff shed. there was no other person to show up at my house to do any actual measurements. 3 months later I finally saw a permit and blue print from Tuff Shed. Needless to say the city requirements had a backset that put the garage closer to my house also since my house was stucco the garage also had to be stuccoed and painted to match the house also there was no electrical added to the permit. I then found out that it was separate. The measurements were off and again no one showed up to do anything. I had to decide to take 6' out of the depth of my garage and shift the garage door to the far west wall. I was told several times that the sales rep would be out to check things out as well as their drafter and not once did anyone show up. they sent me an Email of what I needed done for my blue prints and a month later the drafts were finally going to their corporate office in Colorado? it was then that I decided to get my money back. the sales rep did not even want to take my calls and when he did he told me that the blue prints that they screwed up and that I had to pay for along with the permit that I paid for I could not use and I would have to start all over again and pay all the fees again since I was not using Tuff Shed to build my garage anymore. to add insult to injury on the blue prints that they screwed up on and draft fees for someone to use lined Graff paper and draw up my garage. they tried to charge me again for a garage draft on the new dimensions that I never saw or received. this entire process started in early September. I finally stopped this process in early February and was told that they would send me the new drafts. as of yet I still haven seen their drafts nor paid for them. I paid 17555.00 for them to take care of everything for me. They did nothing but took my money screwed up my blue prints and charged me for them. After I received my money back from them it was 16001.00 and 5 months. This was the worst business deal I have ever done and I figured with a big company like Tuff Shed they would know what they were doing and not act like a fly by night company that was just interested in getting your money and that's it. I was wrong!"
Additional Communication Between Claimant and Tuff Shed Inc Via Lowe's Hide
  • May 30, 2017, Claiming party added:
  • David kight 602-332-9186
    6809 w Sunnyside Dr Peoria Az 85345

• Oct 16, 2017, Tuff Shed Inc via Lowe's (responding party) added:
  • Tuff Shed, Inc. values its customers and diligently works to resolve all matters in a fair and equitable manner. Tuff Shed, Inc. cannot warrant against municipal regulations imposed on our customers. Additionally, Tuff Shed, Inc. does its best to accommodate changes requested by our customers’ for their building plans and blue prints.

Tuff Shed, Inc. acted in good faith to satisfactorily carryout the Claimant's requested changes to his original building design and blue prints. Further, Tuff Shed, Inc. returned all money due and owing pursuant to the terms of our sales agreement with the Claimant.

1. My permit fees 599.00 plus filing fees Jun 14, 2017 $606.99
Respondent's Counteroffer Hide
The claimant's settlement terms were rejected with no explanation. This claim will remain posted until resolved.
Do you agree with the respondent’s Response?  (If you are a party to this claim, click here.)
Offer History
Mar 01, 2017
Claimant's Terms of Settlement to Tuff Shed Inc via Lowe's
  • Contributed Solution: by Claimant On 05-12-2017
    Tuff shed can pay for the permit fees that were wasted on a permit that couldn't have even been used!
  • Contributed Solution: by Elizabeth Johns On 03-15-2017
    Tuff Shed needs to review its process and employees; claimant should be repaid retained deposit More...