My Claim vs. SEARS ROEBUCK & CO.-Dispute-#1420540

S. E. vs. Sears (Headquarters)
3333 Beverly Rd - B6-258B, Hoffman Estates, Illinois, 60179-0002, United States
    • Claimant Seeks: 1 non-monetary items.
    • Claim #: 1420540
    • Amount Involved: N/A
    • Filed On: Jun 27, 2012
    • Posted On: Jul 08, 2012
      • Problem with a product
"Yesterday 6/26/12 I had an appointment for a repair specialist to come and fix my 16 month old (purchased Feb 2011) Kenmore refrigerator because the door is staying open due to a tear in the seal. I received a call from Sears and I immediately clicked over from the other line to answer (only one beep came through so it could not have been more than three rings) and the repair specialist had hung up. I then called the number back and from the automated system I talked to someone in customer service who told me that the person was cancelling. The problem is that I changed all of my plans to have the repairman out and half way into the 4 hour window we were cancelled. If I would have been called 2 hours sooner I would not have had to change my plans.

Then the customer service lady told me they would reschedule but I was reluctant because I did not know how many more times this could happen and I did not want to change my schedule unless I would be guaranteed to have someone out. Initially the woman told me that the repairman was held up at a job and had to cancel and a few minutes later I was told there were problems with the truck. So then she said she was going to transfer me to someone different in customer service to schedule.

So then I sat on hold for 30 minutes, hung up, and called back. I believe I was talking to the same person the second time. I retold her the story and she said that I had been scheduled for Monday. I had never said I could even do Monday I think it is very rude to be scheduled without even being asked. Then I said I needed to talk to someone that could guarantee I would be getting an actually repairman before I committed to a date and changed my schedule again. At that the woman repeated the time she scheduled me for and hung up on me mid sentence.

I was so offended that any customer service representative could treat a customer so disrespectfully especially since I would be paying $75 just to have someone come out and then any charge for repairs for a refrigerator that is just over one year old. I am very disappointed in the quality of the product as well as the treatment I received from customer service."
Additional Communication Between Claimant and Sears (Headquarters) Hide
  • Jul 03, 2012, () added:
  • Staci Eiben,

Sears is looking forward to assisting with resolution of your issue. You can email us at smadvisor@searshc.com at your convenience with your contact information, preferably a telephone number and we will contact you to further discuss your concerns so that we may attempt to offer you a solution.

Brian H.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

Non-Cash
1. Repair: fix damaged refrigerator Jul 12, 2012 N/A
Cash
1. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Jul 12, 2012 $7.95
Claimant invites Sears (Headquarters) to make a fair offer to resolve this complaint.
Non-cash: 1 items

There has been no response to this claim from Sears (Headquarters). This claim will remain posted until resolved