Safe Auto Care-Dispute-#3583458

3385 E. Russell Road, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89120, United States
    • Filed On: Apr 23, 2012
    • Posted On: May 04, 2012
      • Customer service runarounds
"I had my oil and filter changed on 2-27-12 at Safe Auto Care. On April 19th (50 days later) I went on the I-15 freeway to go to Utah fishing. Sixty Eight miles out of town, the oiil filter came off of my truck and I had to roll to a stop, the truck was smoking badly and I crawled underneath to try and figure out the problem (after checking under the hood) The underside of the vehicle was covered with oil, thus the smoke. While waiting for my wife to bring me a new filter, oil, tools, etc. I walked down the road and found the old filter. The rubber seal that is supposed to be crimped on was missing. I paid 23.23 for the original oil change, 27.50 for the new filter, oil, and tools, about 15.00 for the gas to bring me the replacement parts. In short, I think it is only fair that Safe Auto reemburse me a total of 65.73. I need to have the underside of the truck cleaned and checked for further damage and really have no idea what that will cost. The approximate miles driven from the time of the original oil change to the incident occuring was 1400 miles in 50 days."
1. Compensation: new oil /filter, tools, gas May 08, 2012 $66.00
2. Other – Pay for claim posting cost May 08, 2012 $7.95
3. Other – Physical delivery charges May 08, 2012 $2.99

There has been no response to this claim from Safe Auto Care. This claim will remain posted until resolved
  • Comment: by brook — Online mediator
  • On: 11-30-2012
  • that is impossible how it would of had leak before that of would of happen yes their is a rubber seal that come with all oil filter in the package all ready to go .. so the seal had to came off when fell come on ask any mechanic !!! not true at all