M.F. vs. Roanoke Physicians Services Llc

Over-billed, offering reasonable settlement

M. F. vs. Roanoke Physicians Services Llc And Ic System Collections
IC System Collections: 444 Highway 96 E Saint Paul MN 55127-2557, Roanoke Physicians Services: 3700 S Main St, Blacksburg, Virginia, 24060-7017, United States
Amount Involved: Other terms
    • Claimant Seeks: 1 non-monetary items.
    • Amount Involved: N/A
    • Filed On: Jun 24, 2018
    • Posted On: Jul 05, 2018
      • Commercial / Other dispute
      • Other
"My daughter Megan went to Emergency Room 2/19/18 for Bronchitis. Rceived 4 bills for Hospital, Xrays, Lab Test, and Then Doctor totalling about $3500. I received a bill for $1180 for less than 15 minutes with a Resident on top of the other $2300. This is very excessive and I want resonable and accountable billing.
 "
  • 02-19-2018 — ER visist 3.5 hrs waiting
  • 04-16-2018 — Sent 1st Letter Requesting Reasonable Discount/ Payment plan
  • 05-02-2018 — Paid $100 online
  • 05-25-2018 — Sent 2nd Letter with Check for $350
  • 06-22-2018 — Called Billing Dept at 888-568-5443 at 10:30AM asked why no response to my 2 previous letters and offer of $450. I requested detailed itemized receipt and explanation of bill. I was told they dont offer a detailed receipt and they insisted on billing me full amount.
  • 07-22-2018 — Received another bill for $730. My letter 5/25/28 I clearly stated that by cashing my check for $350 was considered to be paid in full. I also noted on Check Paid in Full as my receipt. I made this offer in good faith based on no reply to my letters and no detailed receipt or explanation of billing
Additional Communication Between Claimant and Roanoke Physicians Services Llc And Ic System Collections Hide
  • Nov 14, 2018, Claiming party added:
  • I have just receive a notice of collections After several months of no response or explanation of bill. I have requested detailed receipt explaining how excessive bill was determined both on phone and via many letters sent to the billing dept as listed. I tried in good faith to negotiate the excessive bill with no response. I paid $450 and clearly explained that accepting and cashing check would be considered payment in full. I have a cancelled check stating right on it that this is paid in full as my receipt. This is all the result of a ER visit at a in-network ER with an out of network Dr.trying to balance bill me.I feel this is deceptive tactic while urgently looking for an Emergency room. This is an unethical practice and their is currently a bill in VA to end this at beginning of year. the Dr office must have submitted for bill payment to CIGNA but refused to accept the 600$ payment they offered and instead insisted on billing me $1180. I note this because CIGNA sent an EOB letter for this visit. I will again request they accept $450 as payment in full and send me a receipt showing this. I feel this is fair after 6 months of no reponse and no explanation of bill with excessive rates.

Non-Cash
1. Zero Balance Receipt or Detailed Billing Receipt Jul 09, 2018 N/A
Cash
1. Credit: Zero Balance Receipt Jul 09, 2018 $0.00
2. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Jul 09, 2018 $14.99
3. Other – Physical delivery charges Jul 09, 2018 $4.99
Non-cash: 1 items

There has been no response to this claim from Roanoke Physicians Services LLC and IC System Collections. This claim will remain posted until resolved
  • Contributed Solution: by Forrest Peters On 07-24-2018
    Hospital is responsible for overall billing and over-billing More...
  • Contributed Solution: by George Maxwell On 07-24-2018
    Balance billing is unethical; not providing documentation is worse More...
  • Comment: by Claimant On: 07-13-2018
  • For Clarification, I was billed $1180. My insurance statement says we owe $650. The company responded that they do not accept my insurance and insist on the full $1180. I sent two letters requesting payment plan or settle for less since I have no detailed receipt or explanation of services and no reply from first letter. I paid $100 online than sent a check for $350 with second letter requesting settlement with a receipt for zero balance.  I received another bill for $1080 and called asking about my letter and was told they do not respond to letters and the insurance was not accepted. I was also told that my daughter was billed flat rate for a level 5 Emergency Room  care (the most critical). they will not provide a detailed itemized receipt or explanation of why a level 5 for something that was clearly not treated as urgent. My daughter waited for 3.5 hrs and was sent away with a minor prescription for Bronchitis.  She spent less than 15 minutes with a Resident.

So, to date I have offered $450 to settle and requested a detailed itemized receipt and explanation of the level 5 care. I have received No reply to my 2 letters, my offer , or to this People Claim case. I want this resolved with a receipt showing paid in full.

I have also explained that my daughter went to the ER without my knowledge and I am not responsible for her bills as she is an adult College student. She has no real income and i am trying to help resolve this so that it does not impact her future credit.

I have received zero response from Roanoke Physician Services