My Claim vs. Home Vestors Dba Ugly Houses Home Vestors And Red Rock Rei Llc And Or Assigns 1210 Nw !St Oak Grove, Mo 64075

L. C. vs. Homevestors Webuyuglyhouses.Com And Red Rock Rei Llc And Or Assigns
7648 NW Rhode Ave, Kansas City, Missouri, 64152-2294 , United States
    • Filed On: Aug 30, 2020
    • Posted On: Sep 10, 2020
"To make a long story as brief as possible.  I had a property to have an electrical fire.  I contacted the Ugly Houses from one of the many commercials I had seen on TV. I was contacted by phone by Steve Morris he said they would only offer $5,000 I said ok.  Before we could sign a contract for this amount, I was contacted by him. This time he offered $15,000. We signed a contract for the amount of $15,000 on June 01, 2020 with a closing date of July 6, 2020. The closing was to take place at Clear Title Nationwide, INC escrow agent Brooke McBride.  I was never given an address for this location.  In June 2020 (can't recall the date) I was contacted by the same named individual he told me the buyer wanted to lower the price to $10,000 due to the damage of the property (which I thought was strange because they saw it the first two times with the same damage). I received an Addendum with the lower price $10,000 I signed it on June 19, 2020, we were going with the same closing date of July 6, 2020 I  recieved an email that same day stating all documents had been signed by all parties.  I had no reason to contact them at that point because all papers were signed and we were moving forward. On July 3, 2020 early morning I started calling Mr. Morris because we were scheduled to close on the following Monday July 6, 2020 I had never received an address for the location of the closing.  I called and texted all day he never responded. I called all weekend leaving voicemails and texts never a response.  Finally I got in touch with him late July 6, 2020 he said he was told I never signed the contract.  I refreshed his memory.  Then he said well since we have a contract I will check into this as soon as I get into the office.  Days turned into weeks never heard from him.  I was calling and texting. I even asked for a new closing date no response. It wasn't until weeks later after being ignored. I called left Steve Morris a text and a voicemail That I was going to escalate the situation.  Late that evening after 6PM I got an email from Jared Peterson saying he was asked to reach out to me by Steve Morris before I could respond I got two emails I could not open.  I have filed a complaint with the Attorney General and the man named Adam responded with all sort of incorrect information.  I have contacted the Corporate headquarters and spoken with a man. Jared Peterson offered me $500 said that is all they would pay.  I explained my position clearly to him.  Bottom line is we have a contract followed by an Addendum and I have every intention of following this through.     At a later date I will upload files thank you.    "
Additional Communication Between Claimant and Homevestors Webuyuglyhouses.Com And Red Rock Rei Llc And Or Assigns Hide
  • Oct 20, 2020, Claiming party added:
  • What I wanted to tell you is I ran into a problem again we were in the process of closing the deal. I had sent several emails to Jared Petersen asking if I would receive the whole $10,000 he said yes as long as your taxes are current and during one of our conversations he stated that Brooke (who is a person involved in the closing) had confirmed my taxes were current. The paperwork presented to me at closing reflected a check of $9,190 I questioned the amount and I was told that they had taken out the taxes for the year 2020. Those bills don't come out until November 2020. Which I am in the process of verifying the amount they charged. If it is not correct I will let you know. I called Jared while at the closing about the taxes and he told me that if I didn't sign I would be in breach of contract. The audacity of him to speak of breach of contract. I was not intimidated by what he said. I know that if I chose to I could legally fight the amount of taxes back to the original closing date of July 6, 2020. Which is still an open option. Jared forwarded me a copy of a text between the two of us which talked about back taxes, he seem to think that the original contract was still valid I explain to him that the addendum supersedes the contract. He said no it just changes the amount. That was not how the attorney explained it to me, I have a call into him today to clarify this, so I will know for future. I did sign and I got the check that day I was concerned that a stop payment would be placed on the check this has been the worse business deal I have ever been involved in.

To shed some light on how the closing ever came about. One day Jared contacted me about a man who was interested in the property and when could I show him the property. I met with the young man a few days later he offered a lesser amount then I told him if Jared and his associates would make up the difference then we could proceed. That same week on Friday (it was mid September 2020) the young man called me and we talked he was telling me take the $500 originally offered in Aug or Sept 2020 from home vestors. I told him to get Jared on the three-way and he did we talked for awhile I explained my position of $10,000 didn't care how or where it came from. So we ended the conversation I hung up. About five minutes later I picked up the phone and they were still on my line. I said hello hello and they never responded they kept talking. I hung up again waited a few minutes picked up the receiver they were still on my line. I repeated hello hello no response. Before I could hang up I heard Jared refer to me as a wad of gum in your hair that you can't get out. I hung up again and about 10 min later I picked up the phone again and they were still talking I hung up again and it was around thirty minutes later I picked up and my line was clear.
    Had it not been for this young man buying the property we (Home Vestors and myself) would still be at odds. So I really appreciate this young man. I now have about thirty letters to get out to different places of business such as Television stations, Congress Men, Senator, Peoples Claims, I have already called the Attorney for the Home Vestors corp office in Dallas I had to leave him a voice mail, but all of the others I mentioned I will have to get a letter too informing them of situation. I might be asking a lot but if you could please forward a copy of all the people you have involved that you have an email address for please and thank you.

Sincerely,

Lisa Clark

1. Payment due: honor the legally binding paperwork Sep 11, 2020 $10,000.00
2. Pay me for my time: 20 hours at 20 per hour Sep 11, 2020 $400.00
3. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Sep 11, 2020 $14.99

There has been no response to this claim from HomeVestors WeBuyUglyHouses.com and Red Rock REI LLC And Or Assigns. This claim will remain posted until resolved
  • Contributed Solution: by Sophie Blythe On 09-17-2020
    Contact the SEC, the Real Estate Board and your State Bar Association for assistance with HomeVestors More...