Lou Boardman vs. Homeadvisor, Inc.

L. B. vs. Homeadvisor, Inc. - Angi Homeservices
14023 Denver West Pkwy Ste 200, Lakewood, Colorado, 80401-3259, United States
    • Filed On: Jun 24, 2016
    • Posted On: Jul 05, 2016
      • Overcharge or billing error
  • Notice: All claims not marked as closed as of 6/29/16 mailed or re-mailed to: HomeAdvisor, Inc. Office of Mr Chris Terrill 14023 Denver West Pkwy Bldg 64 Lakewood, CO 80401-3253 If you are the claimant, and the company contacted you personally to resolve this issue, please log into your response page, or contact us at support@peopleclaim.com, to ensure that the claim is properly closed. If you are the respondent, please log into your response page, or contact us at support@peopleclaim.com if you need assistance.
"I cancelled with them MONTHS ago and now they are saying the account is fully active. When I cancelled they gave an option of a 6 month suspension and I wanted nothing more to do with them and said cancel. I noticed a week ago that they were sending LEADS. I contacted them via their e-mail to ProCustomerCare@homeadvisor.com. I didn't receive any reply. There was another LEAD the next day. I e-mailed again. Then the next day another. THis time we called and spoke to a person. The Account number is 48172081. They said they would verify through e-mail but didn't say the LEAD charges would be dropped. I waited two days and NO e-mail. Today there were charges to my bank account for $89.48 and $63.00. None of these correspond to the FEEs listed on the LEADS they sent, that I was NOT to receive. I phoned my bank. They cannot STOP the charges to do my original agreement with Home Advisor to use my Bank account almost a year ago. The only way I can stop them is to CHANGE MY ACCOUNT with my bank! ARE YOU KIDDING? I am in business, I have payments going out for materials. This would cause a big deal of hardship on my business. THis is the busiest time of the year for a carpenter. Mean time I tried to call Home Advisor again and they are not in the office yet. Please advise. I feel cheated and taken advantage. See the new charges now I wonder how many times they have OVER CHANGED me in the past!

Lou Boardman says on Jun 29 2016, 12:50
this notice has not been changed as yet but there was an error on my part of the charges HomeAdvisor charged. Deduct #2 the amount of $63.00. This charge was actually charged on my account by another company with a similar name. The Fee that Home Advisor charged my account was the $89.48 and for the posting fee of $7.99. Totalling $97.47

"
  • 06-16-2016 — Lead sent to me and was e-mailed to STOP. mistake!
  • 06-17-2016 — Lead...waited for REPLY
  • 06-20-2016 — Lead...no reply as of yet
  • 06-22-2016 — sent another e-mail received notice that they would renew account AUTOMATICALLY
  • 06-24-2016 — two changes on my bank account. Phoned but not in office until later.
  • 06-24-2016 — Called bank and cannot stop charged since they were given permission almost a year ago. I would have to stop and change my bank account all over to a new one.
Additional Communication Between Claimant and Homeadvisor, Inc. - Angi Homeservices Hide
  • Jun 29, 2016, Claiming party added:
  • I cancelled with them MONTHS ago and now they are saying the account is fully active. When I cancelled they gave an option of a 6 month suspension and I wanted nothing more to do with them and said cancel. I noticed a week ago that they were sending LEADS. I contacted them via their e-mail to ProCustomerCare@homeadvisor.com. I didn't receive any reply. There was another LEAD the next day. I e-mailed again. Then the next day another. THis time we called and spoke to a person. The Account number is 48172081. They said they would verify through e-mail but didn't say the LEAD charges would be dropped. I waited two days and NO e-mail. Today there were charges to my bank account for $89.48 and $63.00. None of these correspond to the FEEs listed on the LEADS they sent, that I was NOT to receive. I phoned my bank. They cannot STOP the charges to do my original agreement with Home Advisor to use my Bank account almost a year ago. The only way I can stop them is to CHANGE MY ACCOUNT with my bank! ARE YOU KIDDING? I am in business, I have payments going out for materials. This would cause a big deal of hardship on my business. THis is the busiest time of the year for a carpenter. Mean time I tried to call Home Advisor again and they are not in the office yet. Please advise. I feel cheated and taken advantage. See the new charges now I wonder how many times they have OVER CHANGED me in the past!

1. Refund: took from my bank account Jun 24, 2016 $89.48
2. Refund: took from my bank account Jun 24, 2016 $63.00
3. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Jun 24, 2016 $7.99

There has been no response to this claim from HomeAdvisor, Inc. - ANGI Homeservices. This claim will remain posted until resolved
  • Contributed Solution: by Bob Mangione On 12-11-2016
    So the claimant basically paid HomeAdvisor to give a referral to another contractor? Too funny. Claimant should submit an invoice to HomeAdvisor for advertising their services More...