R.B. vs. Errol Eastwood

153 Broadway Hwy. 89, Po Box 456, Yarnell, Arizona, 85362-0456, United States
    • Filed On: Jul 25, 2020
    • Posted On: Aug 21, 2020
      • Problem with a product
"This guy agreed to put a new engine in my suv for $1000. He was referred by a friend, agreed to do it and because I had another car, I gave him ample time to do it.
I even gave him money up front to be nice. I ran parts for him, driving 30 miles each way. His wife was pregnant so I even helped with housework and yardwork just to show my appreciation. One day before it was done he came and asked for more money because he needed it and I gave it to him.
When he installed the engine after about six weeks, he had broken both my a/c and heater and it has not worked since.
The day I went to pick it up after having already given him $700, I was going to give him not only the $300 balance, but an extra $300. And when I did, he had the nerve to tell me he wanted more and said $1600 for the job!! No heat, no a/c. I was livid! Slammed the money on the counter and left."
Additional Communication Between Claimant and Errol Eastwood Hide
  • Aug 10, 2020, Errol Eastwood (responding party) added:
  • Rebecca's car had over 300,000 miles on it, when the engine failed. We agreed that I would change the engine out for 1,000 dollars. When the used engine came in, there were suggestions that the water pumps, and timing chain should be replaced. I asked Rebecca is she wanted this extra work done while the engine was out. She agreed to this extra work, and thats where the extra 600 dollars comes in. While installing the 300,000 mile AC compressor, a screw striped in the compressor. I offered several times to put a heli-coil, and restore the threads, and no cost to her. She refused, and took it to someone else, who installed a new compressor. The mechanic told me that he charged her less than the 1,200 she is claiming that I owe her. He also told me that a censor in the dash went out, and that is why her AC, and heater doesn't work. He ever told me that she had asked him if I could have damaged her censor, and he told her that I had nothing to do with it. I actually saved Rebecca money, just call a mechanic shop, and ask them how much to change a engine in a 2010 Ford Edge, and change the water pumps, and the timing chain. Vehicle is a front wheel drive, the motor, transmission, and entire front end drop out of the vehicle. The water pumps, and timing chain are internal, and the front of the engine have to come apart. I saved Rebecca money, and would of repaired her AC compressor threads at no charge,

1. Damages: Cost of replacing and fixing heat and a/c Jul 29, 2020 $1,200.00
2. Recovery of Losses: Overcharged 600 on agreed price Jul 29, 2020 $600.00
3. Pay me for my time: 10 hours of driving for parts and cleaning his house Jul 29, 2020 $30.00
4. Other – Copy claim to regulators Jul 29, 2020 $14.99
  • -1

There has been no response to this claim from Errol Eastwood. This claim will remain posted until resolved
  • Contributed Solution: by David Dogan On 08-25-2020
    Claimant is not entitled to the $14.99 and $30.00 as there is no proof offered that the Respondent demanded those sums. The original agreed price was $1200 and Respondent admits she agreed to the revised amount of $1200. However, before the work was done, Claimant took the car elsewhere for repairs, thus Respondent did not perform the services contracted for. Respondent did have time involved prior to Claimant revoking the agreement, and he is entitled to his hourly rate he states to be $3.00 per hour for the time he can prove he actually spent working on Respondent's vehicle.