My Claim vs. Citi Bank Dispute Re: Possible Deceptive Practice!

T. W. vs. Citibank (Citigroup Headquarters)
399 Park Ave, New York, New York, 10022-4614, United States
    • Claimant Seeks: 2 non-monetary items.
    • Amount Involved: N/A
    • Filed On: Feb 11, 2014
    • Posted On: Feb 22, 2014
      • Customer service runarounds
"I was told by a Citi Bank repersenative that there was a program that would help reduce the amount of interest that I was paying on my Credit Card. I have the Simplicity Credit Card which states there are no over limit fees, no penalities, and no late charges. My wife and I are are both health care professionals, liciensed in the state of Illinois. In November 2013, we registered for a conferance in Atlanta, Ga whith the Assoc. Of Nurses In Aids Care that begain on Nov 21 and ended on Nov 24, 2013. My wife has family in Macon Ga, and we went early, Nov 17 thru 20, 2013 to spend time with her cousin. My wife's cousin Debra Ray was married to FBI Agent Edger Ray who was killed in the line of duty in the 1990's. Debra was feeling upset because her home was damaged by a storm that had hit her home. We also wanted to see the new monument ericted to Debra's brother, Sgt. Rodney M. Davis, who won the Medal of Honor in Viet Nam saving his fellow Marines during battel. The State of Georgia named several Highways after him; Macon Ga. named a museme, housing development, and erected stone bust of him at City Hall. During all this running about caused my bank account to run over. Citi Bank then beduced my Credit card amount. I called Citi Bank's Corp. number and was told by a male that my Credit Card amount would not be reduced becaused I have the Simplicity Card. On January 3' 2014 my wife went to a conferance on Drug addiction and when I attempted to purschase four CD's for $20.00 my card would not accept it! When we got home I saw that Citi Bank had sent a negative report to the Credit Bureau, lowering my credit score and reduced my credit card use amount by 35 or 40%. This is a good example of "Deceptive Practice." I was told to notify my VFW Commander and the federal government of Citi Banks negative behavior. It is my prayer that this may be better addressed by the Better Business Burea. I do not know if this Deceptive Practice by Citi Bank is an ongoing practice, I believed Citi Bank when they said, "with the Simplicity Credit Card, there are no Late Charges, No Over Draft Fees, or Penalities." Citi Bank doing the opposite of what they advertise; is better known as "Deceptive Practice!" I await the the BBB assistance and findings in this matter. I went to Citi Bank in January 2014 to speak with a Bank Rep.' told her that I did not brink my cain and could not stand for a long period. Ms. Jacjson told me she was a banker, she was assigned to the booth by the frond door and was constanly excusing herself when I tried to explain why I needed to sit with a banker, that I cannot stand for long peroids. Ms Jackson acted like she was confused, had me repeat why I was there thre times over a 40 minute peroid. After three more interuption, Ms Jacjson stated she did not handle Credit cards and then asked me if I wanted to sit down with a banker. By now I was upset with Ms. Jackson's incompance, that I loudly said, "I told you that I wanted to sit down with a banker when I came in, and that T could not stand for long peroids; and she had me stand there for 40 minutes repeating the same thing over and over. I view Ms Jackson as a poor banker who is assigned to give directions and can not wait on a customer and give people coming into the bank directions. I went to several Citi Banks on the north west and far south to see how the person in the booth at the door functioned. They asked your business, had you sit down if you had a physical problem, and then called the person to sit with a banker. My queston is why don't they offer this same cursity on87th and Stony Island in Chicago? Thank you for your assistance in resolving thid matter. Thomas L. Walton 8007 S. Ridgeland Ave, Chicago, IL 60617-1063"
Non-Cash
1. Remove false or malicious web content, business reviews, etc.: Citi remove neg cdt report from file Feb 26, 2014 N/A
2. Repair: Citi remove neg. cdt report Feb 26, 2014 N/A
Cash
1. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Feb 26, 2014 $7.99
Non-cash: 2 items

There has been no response to this claim from Citibank (Citigroup Headquarters). This claim will remain posted until resolved