ashely furniture store-Dispute-#2497285

L. T. vs. Ashely Furniture Store
    • Filed On: Jan 02, 2012
    • Posted On: Jan 13, 2012
      • Customer service runarounds
"I recently purchased 6 pieces of furniture from the Ashley store in Wichita Falls Texas, I spent 4200.00. The chest was delivered broken and not usable the recliners are already broken down in seat area. The "leather love seat , chair and ottoman are stretching and sagging. I have contacted the store from day one of delivery, been given the run around about sending a tech out to see if the furniture is reparable or needs replacing. This all began in Oct 2011. After daily phone contacts and numerous conversations there is still NO resolve. When I asked to be refunded, the CEO???? protested that they will not refund my money under any circumstances. In the mean time I am convinced I bought junk, the chest is stamped made in china ,plus they claim to have no warehouse, which is how they sell cheaper furniture but they want to charge me if i bring the junk back to them a re-stock fee? Restock? where? One general manager claims the furniture is built after the sale? Maybe that accounts for the wait we faced on delivery? This has been one of the worst ordeals I have ever faced, being a consumer. Most reputable companies do not want their reputation smeared all over the internet or public but I guess these people do not care? I have contacted the BBB, local consumer advocates that broadcast your complaints on air. I stumbled upon a web site of PISSED Consumers on the internet and was not surprised to find Ashley was one of the main topics. Wow someone needs to stop this NOW. I am now left with only one option, that is go to an attorney and try my luck through the legal system. I was warned by the store that they too have an attorney, but hey I suppose I am not their only complaint. I am at my wits end and would like some idea as to how to resolve this without involving a lawyer but, will if that is my only recourse..Oddly enough I had mentioned to my husband that I could not believe this was the furniture I picked out on the show room floor, and out of the clear blue their CEO stated that they did NOT display one quality and sell another..Now why in the world would he have had to defend himself when I had not said a word about it to him? But now more than ever, I think that is exactly what they do. Because when I purchased the new furniture I asked could I just have the store displays to expedite the process and it was an absolute NO. When I asked why it was sort of brushed off as they did not want a void in the showroom,,Hello ? If they are manufactured locally then would it have been that big of a deal? What ever help you can offer would be greatly appreciated..thank you."
1. Refund: for the amount I paid for the furntiure Jan 17, 2012 $4,200.00

There has been no response to this claim from ashely furniture store. This claim will remain posted until resolved