L.W. vs. Apple Corporate Office Address Apple Inc. 1 Infinite Loop Cupertino, Ca 95014

L. W. vs. Apple Inc.
1 Infinite Loop, Cupertino, California, 95014-2084, United States
Amount Involved: $1,769.00
Complaint(s): Problem with a product
    • Filed On: Aug 07, 2017
    • Posted On: Aug 18, 2017
      • Problem with a product
"Recently, my wife's 4GB APPLE IPOD NANO, while playing suddenly exploded and caught fire on my wife's desk at work, almost burning her hand as she had to toss on the floor, also damaging her office carpet, before be able to extinguish the flames.

On 7-19-2017,The below complaint was emailed to Mr Timothy Cook/Apple Executive Corp Customer Relations, we sent them photos of their device that exploded and caught fire in my wife hand, while while at her office at work.

A rep from Apple Corp executive replied, and she transferred me last week to give all details of explosion to one of their Senior engineers.

The Apple executive rep, then contacted us asking for us to mail the burned device to them for further evaluation.

(We have not mailed the burned device out to them yet).

She advised that they of course apple will replace the Ipod device, but due to the damaged carpet, & slight burns to my wife's hand, she asks what we would like further to resolve this issue? So she can discuss with Apple management further.

**We have obtained a full written quote to replace the office burned carpet area, but we are unsure, on how to reply to Apple corp, so we would like a in-expensive rep to negotiate an ideal amount for us to resolve this with them.

**They want to send us shipping label to mail exploding ipod back to them for further investigation. ( We are unsure if shipping Apple's burned device back to them, is a good idea at this point?)

Ideally , what we really would really like, is an experienced Gethuman rep to go to bat for us, in helping us obtain compensation for the carpet replacement, as well as much as possible compensation for this serious ordeal my wife went through with this exploding Ipod & fire in her hands.

"
  • 07-19-2017 — Orig Contacted Apple Inc Corp
1. Resolution Extention Aug 25, 2017 $1,769.00

There has been no response to this claim from Apple Inc.. This claim will remain posted until resolved
Offer History
Aug 18, 2017
Claimant's Terms of Settlement to Apple Inc.
Aug 07, 2017
Claimant's Terms of Settlement to Apple Inc.
  • Question: by Forrest Peters (1044 points) — Law Student
  • On: 09-11-2017
  • I see that the first (very good) solution was suggested two weeks ago but I don't see any response from the claimant as to what he decided to do. If he could add that information, and also detail the response from Apple, I will be happy to make further suggestions.
  • Contributed Solution: by Fran Fellowes On 09-08-2017
    Send the ipod to Apple with the caveats below More...
  • Contributed Solution: by Elizabeth Johns On 08-25-2017
    You're at stalemate. Apple needs to see the iPod, you need to keep the evidence. Break the stalemate More...
Currently helping with this claim