united postal office-Dispute-#2385079

• Amount Involved: N/A
    • Filed On: May 30, 2012
    • Posted On: Jun 10, 2012
      • Contract / Agreement / Promise dispute
"I am expecting about 10 - 12 parcels from Singapore with my daughter's personal effects.
I received the first three and accidentally caught the mail man. As he was looking NOT READING) the official address label he decided, he was at the wrong address and needed to deliver them at the neighbors.
The official label has 3 addresses on it: 1. clearly labeled TO following with my address,
2. clearly labeled FROM following the Singapore address
3. an alternate address in case it cannot delivered to me
I could convince the first mail man to leave the parcels with me. For the next parcel my neighbor received the notification card in her mail box. Since she was away, I received the information very shortly before it would have been sent back to Singapore. By the time it would arrive there my daughter would have been long gone. I won't ask what would have happened to the parcels, she probably would have never seen her belongings again.
Anyway, I rushed to the local post office to retrieve the parcel. I asked for the supervisor who was not familiar with the form either and suggested that the parcel was supposed to be sent to Singapore, ignoring the TO/FROM instructions completely. After I pointed out the TO/FROM instructions on the form he accepted my interpratation of the instruction.
Today as I was leaving my house, I saw the mail man driving up. And expecting some more of the same, so I waited. Sure enough. There was a parcel on the seat, looking a lot like the four I had rescued alread. He even refused to check again.
Since I am expecting about 8 more parcels, I tried to explain the postal form. He flatly refused to listen.

I am very worried about what I should do next to prevent the parcels to be shipped back to Singapore."
1. I want the remainder of the packages, especially those that I have already informed the postmaster, to be deliverd according to the instructions on the label. I am excecting packages daily. This part of the settlement needs to be implemented immediately. Jun 02, 2012 $0.00

There has been no response to this claim from United States Postal Office. This claim will remain posted until resolved
Offer History