Frank Shock vs. Annapolis Smokehouse

Assaulted for Bartender Error

F. S. vs. Annapolis Smokehouse & Tavern
107 Hillsmere Dr, Annapolis, Maryland, 21403-3920, United States
Amount Involved: Other terms
"After listening to music from Classic Case Band with a large Meetup Group at the Smokehouse in Annapolis I asked the fill-in bartender for my check. While racing around the bar to give people drinks he snatched a receipt from the register and gave me a $47.76 check ! I tried to get his attention saying that I only had a few drinks (beers) and this was wrong!

He was still racing to get drinks for people and I called to him again saying I will be glad to pay for what I owe! At that moment he waved his hand to a large black gentleman and the next thing I know is I was being shoved down the aisle in front of all of many of my friends and thrown to the ground hitting my shoulder and head on the pavement. At no time did I insult or curse at the bartender and pleaded with the black bouncer to let me get my jacket!

The bartender was a fill-in for Jen the owner. If she had been there this would not have happened ! Some friends came out to ask what happened and I told them that I just wanted to pay my rightful check! The embarrasement plus soreness in my shoulder(left) and head !

Jeff a Patron and Terri whom I have known since the 80's tried to console me. Terri went to get my jacket which had my cell phone in it. There was no reason for me to be physically assaulted and thrown out just because the bartender (black hair shorter gentleman) made a mistake . I know the owner Jen who was away in New Hampshire that weekend and have never had any problem whatsoever with her. The Replacement bartender and the bouncer are the problem.!!!

I called the next week and wanted to talk to Jen and try to resolve and call her attention to what happened , leaving my name Frank Shock and phone number for her to call. I have yet to hear from her but am still very disturbed as to how this came about.

I will seek legal help if this cannot be resolved! I am not a young man 72 years old and feel that the bouncer and bartender could have at least asked me to leave but instead began shoving me causing me to hit the ground ! Again I just wanted to pay my rightful check and did not cause any sort of disturbance ! The owner should have contacted me by now !!!"
Claimant invites Annapolis Smokehouse & Tavern to make a fair offer.
1. Other – Pay for claim posting cost Apr 04, 2022 $14.99
Cash total : TBD
Awaiting response from Party
april sims commented
april sims (Comment):
"Would like the owner to atleast address this situation weather the bartender / and bouncer were in the right or in wrong with the situation..Mosr definitely does not look good on you for not atleast returning calls and making sure the situation was or was not handled properly"
 (2 months ago)
april sims commented
april sims (Comment):
"Would like to know if they have cameras in this place"
 (2 months ago)

There has been no response to this claim from Annapolis Smokehouse & Tavern. This claim will remain posted until resolved
  • Contributed Solution: by Sophie Blythe On 05-06-2022
    Annapolis Smokehouse &Tavern should offer their customer an apology and a small tab unless there's another side to the story More...