Public Negotiation

PeopleClaim public mediations with co-plaintiffs are similar to class actions except they're resolved with the help of our community of conflict resolution professionals.

Public mediations with co-plaintiffs may be resolved globally — one offer to all parties — or individually via party-to-party negotiation with each separate claim.

While the goal is to help you find the shortest distance between a problem and its resolution, unresolved public mediations may be referred for formal legal represenatation and class action.

Community-negotiated settlement
Recover damages online
See if you qualify

Contractor fraud

Opening StatementProvided by: rev. Dorothy-Yorke A., Plaintiff

I hired, by contract, Clinton Henderson to enclose a porch.  We agreed on the work in writing and the price. I gave hi a $3500.00 deposit.  He cashed my check and has not done anything except lie.  I took him to small claims and he refused to attend. I was given a judgement for the deposit. He still refuses to respond or comply. I have also filed with the BBB in NY.  

He responded to the original claim on this site with an outlandish lie. 

It is construction fraud.   He is a thief.   I want my $3500.00 returned by cash or certified bank check.  Now there is a binding judgement.


If you're a named party in this case you're invited to add an opening statement.

In the absence of a statement from named party(s), PeopleClaim may assign an advocate to provide an opening statement and represent their interests.

Sort by:
    • [-][+]My resolution
    • 7 years ago
    Sb C. (Justice-minded person)
    The BBB seems to back up fee paying members. The most you will get from them is one more communication to the contractor.. and even if the contractor responds and admits it.. nothing will get done. Look into what the next step is on a judgement if any. AND put this all in print on Yellow and other contractor lists online. They cannot afford a bad review. Let them know they must refund or bad reviews online.
      • [-][+]My resolution
      • 8 years ago
      Pete L. (Neutral)
      Depending on what state you are in, the same thing Cathy suggest above can be done on real estate. You would go to the clerk and get an abstract of the judgment and file that with the county property records in any of the counties you believe he owns property.
        • [-][+]My resolution
        • 8 years ago
        Cathy S. (Neutral)
        You may be able to file a bank lien to get your money. Look at the back of your cancelled check. His account # will be listed there. Then, go back to the court (done with clerk, not judge) and request paperwork for bank lien. Bring your judgement with you and they will approve it. Hire a paralegal to do the paperwork. Once completed, take the completed paperwork to the sheriff (your paralegal may take this step for you) who will then serve it to the bank and his account will be frozen and you will receive your money back through that route. There is some expense, less than $200.00 and part of the paperwork will include this extra money you put out as well as interest on the original judgement.
        Start a timeline for this case

        Suggest an event.

        PeopleClaim is a pre-litigation negotiation platform that allows parties to combine claims against counterparties in order to negotiate group or individual settlements that avoid litigation, increase recovery amounts, and settle cases more constructively. The process does not requre a lawyer or legal representation and does not carry the force of law. Read more...
        How public mediation works

        Lead plaintiff opens case

        Join a case or start your own.
        Any type. Large or small.

        Case grows as others join

        Get the power of numbers.
        Bigger is better.

        Public helps negotiate fair resolution

        Legal and industry pros, consumer advocates, and others help find the best resolution.

        Respondent settles

        Join a group settlement or negotiate peer-to-peer.

        Unresolved cases escalate

        Connect with top lawyers and negotiatiors if you need more help.

        Why join this case?
        • Recover damages
        • Increase negotiating leverage
        • Keep more of your settlement
        • Fast and simple
        Get help from our experts.
        Invite up to three members of our resolution community to help get your dispute resolved.

        Join our justice community to help people who need your advice and services.

        Join now
        © reserved by PeopleClaim

        Important: PeopleClaim is a public dispute resolution system providing claim filing and online "trials" to settle party-to-party disputes and engage discussion in matters of public interest or controversy. PeopleClaim is not a court of law, and decisions arrived at through PeopleClaim trials do not legally bind disputing parties unless by mutual agreement. Terms such as "court," "trial," "verdict," "plaintiff," "respondent," "advocate," "neutral," "argument," "rebuttal," and other words borrowed from law are not used in their technical legal sense and should not be interpreted as such. The goal of PeopleClaim Online Trials is to increase public participation in dispute resolution and public policy by airing, debating, and seeking resolutions to matters of public interest as well as commercial disputes.

        Parties participating in PeopleClaim trials have the option to resolve their disputes through mutual consent, under terms proposed by other trial participants such as "advocates," "neutrals," and others. PeopleClaim does not enforce any such agreements or promise any outcome to trials hosted on its site. PeopleClaim is not responsible for content posted in either public trials or in party-to-party claims registered at All trial content, including case summaries, rebuttals, suggested resolutions, and comments, are solely the responsibility of the posting parties.PeopleClaim does not review or evaluate the merits of opinions posted on its site by trial participants or others.

        PeopleClaim is not a law firm and does not provide legal advice or legal services.