Complaint History & Business Rating for Home Depot (Headquarters)

2455 Paces Ferry Rd SE, Atlanta, Georgia, 30339-1834, United States.

Is this your business?
PeopleClaim Reliability Rating
Scale: A+ to F

What Home Depot (Headquarters) customers think NEW

Comments and Feedback from Users

• Commented By:Biz H.
  • Recommended:No
  • On:19-Dec-2019
Biz H. says: I'm writing this review with the hope that someone at Home Depot can see this and recognize the change that needs to be made. I'm going to provide with the exact scenario that I have experienced so you can see the flaws in your current operations and hopefully use my horrible experience to make it better for future customers.
On December 2nd I purchased an oven range online (with the help of my 7 siblings) with the intention of giving this awesome purchase as a Christmas present to our awesome mom. It's the only present we got her due to the expense and we were so excited to surprise her with it. We wanted to make sure it would in fact be there for Christmas so before making the purchase we ensured the delivery date was before Christmas and confirmed it would be delivered today, December 19th. GREAT! So closer to the date, all of us excited to surprise her, we make arrangements for those of us who are local to take off work to be there to surprise her with the delivery. We receive no calls by the morning of December 19th which we found odd so we call the customer service line. Not only do they inform us that we should have received a call, but they too state that it is still scheduled to be delivered. Ok, great, what time? Upon further research, while on the phone, the customer service rep discovers that it's no longer being delivered today and is delayed. She then informs us that the soonest it will be delivered is JANUARY 30TH!!! Almost 6 weeks after the "guaranteed delivery date". Totally unacceptable. I then go online and discovered that according to the website if I were to order the same oven today, it was stating it would be delivered January 2nd. There is obviously a glitch in the system. I call the local store and tell him what I've been advised of and he states there is no way it should take over a month past the scheduled delivery time and advises me to call back and question the customer service line again. I call back and luckily got a very nice, helpful representative named Annette who was very eager to help and understood my frustration. She contacted the manufacturer who confirmed the January 30th date as being the soonest and said due to high volume of orders and it being a first come first serve basis there are a lot of delayed orders. Ok, I understand how supply and demand work, but the lack of communication and basically false advertisement is where I have the problem. Even still as I type this, it's being falsely advertised as a January 2nd delivery if you were to purchase right now. You are selling expensive products under false pretenses and then offering no solution but to cancel the order altogether. In our case, we are less than 6 days away from Christmas and have no time and ability to go elsewhere for this product, as we would have to wait for a refund to be able to purchase elsewhere and hope we can get it in time for the holiday.
The lack of communication and transparency is insulting to your customer base. You should really consider having a better communication system in place with both the manufacturer and customer in the event that you do not have the product and ability to get it to them in a timely manner.
My mother will now have nothing on Christmas Day and not for an entire month and a week after Christmas because of your companies inability to communicate effectively with your customer and quite frankly your inability to care!
Respond. Click here if you're authorized to respond to Home Depot (Headquarters) customer comments or edit information on this profile.
  • Commented By:John L.
  • Recommended:No
  • On:04-Sep-2016
John L. says: Very poor customer relations with their customers that were cyber attacked and who had to go threw great misery due to cards being cut off and bank accounts closed
  • Commented By:Eileen U.
  • Recommended:N/A
  • On:02-Mar-2016
Eileen U. says: Since October 2015 and after 3 repair techs unable to fix the fridge gasket and door, and a multiple recorded notes, I still has to wait for the solution department resolution. Why are they taking so long to replace the refrigerator? It's covered by the
Guarantee.
  • Commented By:Eileen U.
  • Recommended:N/A
  • On:02-Mar-2016
Guarantee.
Rate Home Depot (Headquarters)
  • General satisfaction
  • Quality of products or services
  • Responsiveness to problems or complaints
  • Value for money
  • Professionalism
Would you recommend Home Depot (Headquarters) to a friend?
Submit Your rating and recommendation is not a claim filing. If you’re trying to resolve a dispute, please file a PeopleClaim here so that it can be properly communicated, negotiated and settled. Ratings and recommendations are usually not removed, although they may be subject to edit or removal.
Message from the PeopleClaim Administration: “Unresolved, posted claims re-forwarded to current Home Depot CEO Mr Frank Blake on 10/2/14.”

Home Depot (Headquarters)’s Complaint History (28):

16 claims are currently posted for public review and comment :

• Seeking:

S.D. vs. Home Depot (Headquarters)

• Customer service runarounds
    • Problem with a product
    Claimant says:Our new carpet was installed on Sept. 20, 2019. On the very first day, it went from a beautiful shade of gray to something that looks like it has been through a tie- dye process with deep foot prints everywhere. It looks more like foot prints in the sand. We have contacted everybody from the bottom all the way to Mr. Craig Menear for the last 6 mon...

My Claim vs. Home Depot P O Box 790328 St. Louis, Mo63179

• Overcharge or billing error
    • Problem with a product
    Claimant says:<p>An original order was places with Home Depot for Shutters.  They contracted with a company  to service the order.  The shutter were not made per my instructions to the sales person.  The Shutter company refunded part of the cost for the shutter and stated that Home Depot would process the remainder of the refund.  I have not been able to speak w...

Josegracia Fresquez vs. Home Depot

• Customer service runarounds
    Claimant says:I am filing this complaint against the home depot head manager by the first name of Blayne and another manager by the name of Vennesa. On Friday morning, November 2, 2018 I went to return five new items that I no longer needed and for which I could not find my receipts. The young man at the return desk refused to give me my money for the amount of...

My Claim vs. The Home Depot

For:
    Claimant says:Home depot order number H8444-101864, 5-3-2018. As stated, my blinds laid on my porch for five {5} weeks. the blinds could not be installed for assorted reasons ! On 6-1-2018, the installers arrived. they had five [[ 5] blinds to install. BUT " just three [3] valance panels ". Waiting for the missing 2 valances to arrive im only 74 yrs. young

Gain the power of numbers - Join PeopleClaim users negotiating with Home Depot (Headquarters) to resolve their complaints.

Resolve My Complaint