Complaint History & Business Rating for Charter Spectrum (Headquarters)

400 Atlantic St Ste 6, Stamford, Connecticut, 06901-3533, United States.

Is this your business?
PeopleClaim Reliability Rating
Scale: A+ to F

What Charter Spectrum (Headquarters) customers think NEW

Comments and Feedback from Users

• Commented By:Patrick B.
  • On:07-Dec-2019
Patrick B. says: So I had Spectrum in Austin, TX for 2 years now. They were fine until I had my services disconnected due to the new location that does not have Spectrum. I cancelled my services on 12/06/2019 and they billed me for the full month of December, stating that they are a "subscription service" and you pay for the full month whether you use it or not. The representative on the phone even stated, "Well next time ensure you cancel your service before the end of the month." Lady there will be no next time. I will never get Spectrum again and I will gladly use your competitor. Every other "subscription service" prorates the payment back to you based on unused time. This is shady billing practices, but if you need the $70 that badly, fine, you'll never get anymore from me ever again.
Respond. Click here if you're authorized to respond to Charter Spectrum (Headquarters) customer comments or edit information on this profile.
  • Commented By:Anne M.
  • On:15-Nov-2019
Anne M. says: I downgraded my tv service 1week into my new billing period yet was charged full amount for remaining 3 weeks that I did not have that service. I was told no credit would be given, At no time was I told that this would happen nor was I advised to wait until the end of my billing period to downgrade. This is pure EXTORTION. They charged me for service that I did not receive.
  • Commented By:Robert W.
  • On:14-Oct-2019
Robert W. says: Poor, no terrible quality service. TV, Phone and Internet. All very poor quality. TV frequently freezes or crashes with an error message saying something along the lines of, "We're sorry for the inconvenience, service is currently unavailable. Please try again later or call customer support..." Missed last week's episode of your favorite TV show? Don't bother trying to watch it On Demand. It either won't be there, or if it is it will freeze halfway through and present you with the same error message. Phone service? You have to hang up and try again multiple times until you can get a clear call without loud static noise coming through the speaker on both ends of the connection, both incoming and outgoing. Internet? No where near the speeds Spectrum claims. Try to watch a video, you will instead be staring at a buffering screen for several minutes before the video begins to play for a few seconds, only to stop and buffer for a few more minutes. Spectrum will also invade your privacy by going through your computers offline files, such as game and music downloads, then call and send notices in the mail telling you what you can and can't have on your PC and who to give money to.
They will also gradually increase the charges on your bill more and more each month, as if they think you're too stupid to notice - not to mention extra added fees for whatever fabricated excuse they can come up with.
And when you call support to speak to someone about any issues, you will get a foreigner who barely speaks english and doesn't understand your problem. They will repeatedly read off the same responses to your questions that will have no effect in resolving your issue(s), then they will talk down to you as if you're the one who is too stupid to understand the problem.
Stay away from Spectrum people. Don't give those fraudulent thieves a single penny of your hard-earned money. They don't deserve it. And for those of you who don't know how to deal with cable company thieves trying to rip you off for services they aren't providing. It's real simple. Cut them off at your bank account. Disable any automatic withdrawal if you have it set up that way and when Spectrum calls you demanding money you need only tell them four simple words - G.F.Y.S. then hang up.
  • Commented By:George H.
  • On:11-Oct-2019
George H. says: I been having internet and tv issue for over 3 weeks and no one knows whats going on had spectrum people come out they tell so story and then have their contractors which are worse they have no idea and then I call the so called CUSTOMER SERVICE they have no Idea whats going on either ...

I need to know who can actually do something on this issues #12754911
  • Commented By:K S.
  • On:07-Sep-2019
K S. says: I attempted to cancel my service on 8/12/2019 as I was in the process of moving to a new home. Spectrum does not let you cancel online so I had to call. There were long wait times so it was suggested I leave a phone number to call back at. I did and received a call. While trying to confirm my account we got disconnected and I did not receive a call back. I called Spectrum again and waited and when trying to confirm my account they could not and said I would have to get my account number. On 9/6/2019 I was able to call back to cancel my service and expected to be provided a prorated amount as I was not going to receive a full month of service. At this time I was told that as of 6/23/2019 they no longer offered prorated amounts of service stating that this was a monthly subscription plan. This information was not sent to me in a separate message nor was this on my May, June or July billing statements. In essence I have to pay for service for 8/31 through 9/29 even though I cannot use the service and they did not adequately disseminate this information. While subscription plans such as Netflix, Hulu or even Amazon Prime will not refund you if canceled in the middle of the month these services can still be used until the end of that billing cycle. This is not the case with Spectrum when this service is not provided at my new home. I have no issues paying for what has been provided but it is wrong to pay for something I cannot receive.
Rate Charter Spectrum (Headquarters)
  • General satisfaction
  • Quality of products or services
  • Responsiveness to problems or complaints
  • Value for money
  • Professionalism
Would you recommend Charter Spectrum (Headquarters) to a friend?
Submit Your rating and recommendation is not a claim filing. If you’re trying to resolve a dispute, please file a PeopleClaim here so that it can be properly communicated, negotiated and settled. Ratings and recommendations are usually not removed, although they may be subject to edit or removal.

Charter Spectrum (Headquarters)’s Complaint History (21):

21 claims are currently posted for public review and comment :

• Claim
    • Seeking:

My Claim vs. Time Warner Spectrum

For:
    • Customer service runarounds
    • Overcharge or billing error
    Claimant says:A rep from Spectrum solicited our business and talked us into switching from Cinti Bell. He advised at least 3 times nothing would change, we would not lose our email. Which I questioned several times due to it being Cinti Bell's email. Well, he lied. Cinti Bell turned off our email, we are a business that relies on emails and can't turn it back ...
    • Claim
    • Seeking:

E.M. vs. Charter Spectrum (Headquarters)

For:
    • "This feels like a scam to me."
    • Failure to honor promises
    Claimant says:207 423 1017 Attempted to upgrade services as existing customer, in person, on phone, and finally successfully online. Online package with all necessary equipment totalled $62 w/o taxes. See order 3003442990. -recieved order confirmation email -recieved email to call Spectrum regarding my order. Called to be told my ordef was $89 w/o taxes....

Gain the power of numbers - Join PeopleClaim users negotiating with Charter Spectrum (Headquarters) to resolve their complaints.

Resolve My Complaint

Browse businesses in Stamford

Businesses in Connecticut by Cities (showing cities with most claims)
Businesses in Connecticut by Industry (showing industries with most claims)